Headlight aim (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It was a good Christmas as the inlaws. Lots of heavy gifts.
With all that weight in the back of the 80 the headlights were shooting up too high. I had a hard time seeing the road as it was a bit fogie at times. On comming trafic would flash me with their brights.
What would help would be UK 80 headlight adjuster in the cab.
Air bags or air shocks would help too.
I know I kan use the adjust the headlights from under the hood.

Kurt,
7 sentences, no obvious questions (i.e. no question marks.)
How can we be of assistance? :D
-B-

True. The tailgate power window regulator is fried. The window won't go down so putting stuff way in the back would be hard to do. But had I put the stuff back there it would not of made a dent in the 3/4 ton springs.

VSV? :flipoff2: :D

Sounds like more of a suspension issue than anything else. I've had a bunch of weight in my cargo area and never had headlight issues before. Me thinkum you needum different springum.

B, it was a comment.
I don't think there is a fix short of new suspension or getting Jim P UK headlight adjuster.

Kurt,

I too would like the UK adjusters. I've driven in EU with them and they're quite nice to use, especially when towing. I think Jim posted about them some time ago--they were very spendy IIRC. It would seem you'd have to replace a lot of bits in the front to get it working right, but might still be worthwhile if the cost wasn't too high.

Tom

WAAAY cheaper to use AirLift rear air springs to level your load. This way, you won't watch helplessy as the heavy load makes dynamic motions constantly so that the only time your aim is correct is when it swings briefly through the sweet spot. When heavily laden, my lights stay level and the truck moves less than unladen. Ah... relaxing...

DougM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom