Headgasket prices (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1993 fzj80. Has anyone done their headgasket recently? Can anyone recommend shops and prices? Thanks

Recently, no. Long story...had to do it twice. First shop missed or overtorqued the #6 cylinder head bolt and exposed a crack in the head. New head, gasket, etc. was north of $3500.

I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND SD Trux in LaJolla. We worth the drive down there. John and his crew do fantistic work.

Recently, no. Long story...had to do it twice. First shop missed or overtorqued the #6 cylinder head bolt and exposed a crack in the head. New head, gasket, etc. was north of $3500.

I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND SD Trux in LaJolla. We worth the drive down there. John and his crew do fantistic work.
Thanks.... that's not the same place that over torqued lol???

In Temecula so drive is manageable.

LOL, no! It was a shop in Laguna Hills.

I think Primo Motorsports, Santa Ana, does engine work, too. Eric was great on my driveline work!

I think Primo Motorsports, Santa Ana, does engine work, too. Eric was great on my driveline work!
Thank you. I will call them up!!
I do have an appointment for a estimate tomorrow with cruiser tech so i may call them afterwards to see if they are available for an estimate as well. Thank you

Did you get any quotes from any of these places? I need to do mine and might hire it out instead of doing it myself depending on cost.

Just adding my quote in case anyone is still looking. I was quoted $3,000 best case scenario from Primos for my 95.

Call RPM Motors in Monrovia, and ask what brand they use. They do exceptionally good work and use quality parts. I had them order a gasket for me which was from Japan and I have had no problems with that gasket. I used Felpro once before and had a failure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom