header install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i want to install a 6 into exhaust header on my 2f motor. I noticed that the intake and exhaust manifolds are bolted together. When I take of the old exhaust manifold off is there a plate or something I need to put on the bottom of the intake or do I just get a new intake?

That's where the heat riser is. Depending on your climate you may want to rig something or buy one of the kits offered by the vendors. I didn't do anything with mine, but I live in Fla. Trails did an article on it awhile back.

I made a fluid heat riser for mine, but haven't swapped the header yet. It was not difficult to do. I made a pattern and had a buddy cut it out of 3/8" aluminum, drilled for the bolts and drilled and tapped for 1/2 fpt. Run coolant from the head thru the hear riser then to the heater. I live in Kansas City and frequently need something to warm the intake.
GL
ED Long :)

Well..I've got a digital camera, and I've got the heat riser, not installed so I can get a good pic, but, well, I'm too stoopid to figure out how to get it into my computer and post it.
Now I've got a USB port on the front of my computer, even have batts for the camera and the willingness to learn. :doh:
If anybody feels like offering some help, I'll listen.
Actually I'm quite proud of my fluid heat riser, just don't know how to lift my skirt.
Anybody willing to teach an old dog a new trick?????
Ed

Let it fly, Teach. I'm glad I made somebody laugh. The son will be home this weekend, maybe he'll teach me....AGAIN.
It really is a neat, clean setup.
If you can't laugh at yourself, you're not old enough.
Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom