head questions, 2F vs. 3FE

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by stumpy, Aug 2, 2005.

1. stumpy

stumpy

heyo-

so i just bought a 3FE injection setup and head this morning, i am STOKED! a stroked 3FE is on its way!

BUT-

in pulling the head out of my cruzah and taking a cursory look at the head, i am a little shocked to see that the thing looks almost exactly like my late model ('86) 2F head!

if i could put all the EFI stuff on my 2F head, i would prefer to. the head was ported and polished, compression is now about 9:1, and the valves were cleaned up nicely. it would save me getting a 3FE head gasket and new exhaust plumbing too, which would save me lots of cash.

i looked around a bit on the various archives that i know of and have found that the 3F (carbureted) was available in 1984. i have also HEARD that a new 2F head from toyota is the SAME as a 3F/FE head. i have also seen it mentioned that the compression in late 2F motors was higher than in the earlier models, implying there was a change in combustion chamber/piston choices. other than the volume of the combustion chamber, are there ANY differences? if all mounting studs are the same, all ports are the same, i would much rather cut the project down to just a wiring nightmare rather than an additional head job...

thanks for your time and knowledge!

e

2. Tapage

Tapage Club 4X4 Panamá SILVER Star

The 3F head are more eficient .. and come with rotative valves, off course you can use in your 2F engine ..

3. Cookiemonster

Cookiemonster

Was just about to do it, but ended up not being able to right now cause the engine in mind ended up being parted out before I could. Love that carbuerator too much anyway.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.