Hazards Blink, turn signals stay on - no blink (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was going with not enough load on the flasher relay theory as @Cromagnon stated. With hazard lights there are more bulbs in play. LEDs require a special flasher because of the low current.

You could STILL have a problem of not enough load if the turn bulbs being used are the wrong wattage. Can you look at the wattage of each of the 1157 bulbs and report back? It should be 27-28 watts for the turn element and 8.3 watts for the park element. Basically it takes 50 watts or more per side to allow an OEM flasher to flash.

You could also have an OEM flasher that has a bad flash capacitor or simply needs adjusting of the points inside. If you really want to know how this flasher works go here to read all about it.

Also when you installed the other flasher, did you ground the ground wire for it? It should not hyper flash. I make a simple LED flasher relay kit that many people have used to solve this very problem.

Continue to be stumped. I have 10w single element in the rear and front turns have dual filament 23/8w. The bright bulb illuminates on turn, just doesn't flash. I can hear the flasher click on once during the initial illumination, just doesn't click back to flash.

You may have said you cleaned all your plugs. I struggled with mine for two full days with the exact same problem and in the end it was this plug behind the left headlight. The one with the green wire. I cleaned it and all of a sudden everything started working.

2B1D4204-5BA8-4AEA-8C1A-7AEB79098E81.jpeg

Continue to be stumped. I have 10w single element in the rear and front turns have dual filament 23/8w. The bright bulb illuminates on turn, just doesn't flash. I can hear the flasher click on once during the initial illumination, just doesn't click back to flash.
This is the first sentence of post # 24, "You could STILL have a problem of not enough load if the turn bulbs being used are the wrong wattage. Can you look at the wattage of each of the 1157 bulbs and report back? It should be 27-28 watts for the turn element and 8.3 watts for the park element. Basically it takes 50 watts or more per side to allow an OEM flasher to flash. "

You only have 23 watts, do the math. Change your rear bulbs to a higher wattage or get an electronic flasher.

I'll look to replace the bulbs. All bulbs and light housings are new OEM. Perhaps the newer OEM lights contained bulbs with less wattage.

As Coolerman said in his last sentence above, he has a flasher kit reasonably priced. I run one so I don't have to chase grounds.

. (select "Flasher Relays/Adapters" on left)

Thanks guys. So it appears my rear turn assemblies were shipped with the reverse light bulbs in both the reverse and turn sockets. A bulb change and I should be on my way.
Thanks for the help!

Glad it got sorted out!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom