Hawaii Newbie Intro (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi volcanocruiser, from coffee country.....just wondering if you picked up any more insight into possible wrecking yard/cruising resources here on the big island. want to rebuild my baby a little bit.
forrest216@gmail.com
Aloha forrest216,

Thanks for the thread revival. As with most things, I've been hard pressed to source certain things locally. In terms of "pick and pull" type operations, I haven't been able to find too much. I've done business with cruiserparts.net. Even though they are on the east coast they will ship USPS priority mail and do business with Aloha. I fully recommend them. For my knuckle rebuild I sourced everything from Marlin Crawler.

Locally for new stuff I've had very good luck with Big Island Toyota. I've only dealt with the the Hilo branch but their dealership in Kona should be about the same. If they don't have it in stock they will usually ship it in from Honolulu withing a day or two. For other things such as wheels and tires, just goto Lex Brodie, they're local and A+ on customer service.

PM me if you want go into more detail or if you will be winward anytime soon.

60 up in hawi

I just talked to someone up in Hawi with a 60 he was going to take to the crusher, he says he wants the axles, but I was thinking of trying to convince him to let me tow it away and wrench out his axles for him, what do you think, will it be worth the time and effort to tow it two+ hours to Honaunau. My 60 could really use the parts backup.....
mahalo!

I don't think i can send PMs? damned newbies......:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom