Have you passed an FJ in your FJ yet? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Warren Peck said:
BTW, if you want to see just how much you can roll your clinometer, there is a great construction site just next to the IKEA in Beltsville, where they are excavating for a new shopping center and wetlands. There are a couple of huge and very steep dirt mounds that are a lot of fun to climb, though coming down from the top is a bit nerve wracking!

Cool. I drive by there every day on my commute. I'll check it out. I guess you have to sneak in at off hours to prevent being chased away!

Actually, we meet in Alexandria less than 5 minutes from National Airport at a Toyota dealership, still a hike for you but if you're in DC it's close.

And so I'm not a total hijacker I've waved at one blue fj cruiser from my 62 but got no reply...maybe it's the square headlights.

I've seen 2 so far in San Antonio. A blue and a black one. Both waved. I actually saw 2 more on a trucks on I10 between Houston and San Antonio the other day.

A Texan with Yankee Plates

If you see a blue one in San Antone, look at the plates and see if they are from DC. I am down that way pretty frequently, and will be heading through SA early next month!

Philly

I forgot, I was at the Airport in Philly yesterday, and parked next to a Titanium one in the economy lot. It still had temp tags on it. I left them a note to come visit IH8MUD and say hello.

i did twice. neither of us did anything. there are only 2 in this area, i'm a black FJ, he's a blue. i will say though, at a traffic light, i passed a jeep wrangler rubicon and an xterra. lol, they were both checking out the FJ. the jeep had a sizeable lift, but his tires were still smaller and his window was under mine. but back to the FJ. one of the times i passed the other FJ was at night. i remember saying to myself, "Wow, what a big truck that is, and what big lights" and then i realize, between the lights on the mirrors, and the white roof that became visible only when i was about to pass it, that it was another FJ.

I have, I rolled down my window so I could give him a wave..... The other FJ didn't notice me.

But the people with their old FJ 40s all have waved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom