hatch - "door swicth" - where is it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I see the door switches at each passenger/driver door.....Where is the "door switch for the rear hatch? The FSM shows one i the area of the latch mechanism....

I'm trying to frix a problem with my rear cargo light. When I put it on "door with the hatch open, it glows slghtly and the ignition key buzzer sounds....I added the rear cargo light about 6 monthes ago.....rear wiper also currently inop. realated?

'94 fz 80

The switch for the rear light is internal to the latch that's in the hatch. With the hatch open close the latch and your in business.

Kinda poetic and rhyming, like cat in the hat. :rolleyes:

I will do as you say with hopes my electrical gremlins will go away

Just remember to "open" it before you try to close the gate...:whoops:

cruiserdan said:
Just remember to "open" it before you try to close the gate...:whoops:

KRUNCH.....you're right that would have a relatively high suck factor.

I see the door switches at each passenger/driver door.....Where is the "door switch for the rear hatch? The FSM shows one i the area of the latch mechanism....

I'm trying to frix a problem with my rear cargo light. When I put it on "door with the hatch open, it glows slghtly and the ignition key buzzer sounds....I added the rear cargo light about 6 monthes ago.....rear wiper also currently inop. realated?

'94 fz 80

Were you able to fix this problem? I have the same issue... if you did, how?

Frank

I traced my troubles to a wire above the headliner in the vacinity of the drivers side upper hatch, where the wires go through a rubber tube from the hatch to the bodyb a wire had worn and was creating a couple of features (rear hatch area light, rear wiper...) without ground. I fixed the damage and presto!! good luck!

EDIT - DRIVERS SIDE USA - Passenger side for you - cheers!!

This is why I love Forums!

Ask a question once of many people rather than asking the same question 100 times of one person at a time and much faster!

I pushed the harness between the hatch and the vehicle and hey presto!

Thanks a lot for helping me find the problem - now one more question...

What is involved in removing the headliner to get access to the wiring up there?

The good news is that I removed he headliner just in that side of the rear of the car which was pretty easy and the issue appeared to be that the connector itself just on the car side of where the wires come in from the hatch had very dirty connectors cusing high resistance.

I cleaned them up and sprayed them with some teflon spray to prevent corrossion and everything works again nicely - wiggle those wires like no tomorrow and everything is still fine..

Thanks for all the advice - it is appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom