has anyone tested magnet paints?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hello received a package today from magnet paints and was wondering if anyone has used any of these products? (chassis saver, primer, paint or clear coat) received a sample of the chassis saver on a peice of ametal and was wondering what to soak it in to speed up the rusting process? :eek: I love science projects. :D Also I know there have been a lot of post about paint and paint codes but can anyone tell by looking at my cruiser what the paint name is and code. Is it horizontal blue 808, sky blue 854 or smurf blue---. thanks can not find the dame code. :mad:

have they got a web site??? i did a yahoo search...got like 18,000 hits.... i figure they are the first few.....but.....

dan

thanks could you give me a little more direction on how to find the info plate. By the battery? radiator? engine? brake master cylinder? thanks for all you help with this. can not find it maybe it is gone but find that hard to believe. :beer:

Passenger side firewall, in the engine bay right above the blower/heater fan. Should be a 3" alum. plate rivited on that says toyota, on that plate is the paint code.

I saw them on Trucks a while back and contacted them. Do a search here on this web site for some more information.
The rep answered my emails promptly and I ordered a couple of quarts from them. They shipped quickly and all went well.

I have only used the paint a little so far. I did a rusty battery tray and a few other parts as well as a rusty tractor Gas tank off of my Allis Chalmers. I used a brush for all of the painting and it looked real good. I top coated the gas tank with a rattle can paint job.
Everything is holding up well and I plan on doing my entire FJ40 chassis with it. I will probably have to order more though as it has a short shelf life. I used the Chassis Saver paint.

I like the one coat process vs the por 15. I did use the por 15 marine cleaner to clean the metals however.
Email them with you questions. :cheers:
Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom