Harrop Elocker in T100, anyone? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
twitter.com
Love the factory lockers in my 80-series, and would like to bring some of that peace o mind to my T100; rear for sure, maybe both front and rear. I like to simplicity (relatively speaking) of Harrop vs ARB, tho I know ARBs are awesome. Anyone have real world experience with Harrop in their T?

LSD's that might be available are the TRD/Kazuma clutch-type 3-pinion LSD, the OEM 4-pinion Tundra TRD LSD, and the Detroit Trutrac.
Lockers that might still be made are the Powertrax "Lock-right," "No-Slip," ARB Air Locker, Detroit Softlocker, Harrop, Nitro "Lunch Box"

They have to be designed for 8" 2pinion it uses a larger diameter mounting bolt pattern and because more space inside the housing necessary to accommodate the large bearing cap. The different bolt pattern also makes it very impractical to swap in an electric locking Toyota diff (the whole mounting flange would have to be re-done using a special jig).
- Carrier bearing truss and newer housing adds significant strength over V6 and 4cyl diffs 8"
- Uses V6 carrier bearings, larger pinion bearings
- Uses shims for backlash adjustment instead of threaded adjusters
- Twelve 12mm Ring gear bolts
- 10mm axle housing studs with 14mm nuts
- 30 splilne axles
- 30 spline pinion

Note T100 diffs are somewhat unique This is good link that has info on T100 diffs http://home.4x4wire.com/erik/diffs/

Good Luck.

All true @rscoleman - was mainly looking if anyone had had experience with one in their T. Believe I am going to go ahead with a Harrop/Easton Elocker from Cruiser Brothers.

I never did enough off roading to want to spend the money on locker. I wanted the Elocker but back when I was thinking about it early 2000's they just was not one that I was willing to pay for. I can afford one now but I drive my T maybe once a week if that. Good luck with what ever you get. Just FYI the Gears for these trucks were A11A 4.10 (5speeds) A10A 4.30 (automatic) and A04A 4.70 (not really sure what this came in other and 93-94 trucks had option). I have looked over the internet and I can not find a table that address these codes. But I have verified the above from people that pulled gears and verified the stampings.

I need to do front and rear lockers and 5.29’s. Been holding off for a while while i sort other issues with the truck. Just seems “low” on power. Did fix part of that with a new intake as the po had the wrong one in it and it had a red plug blocking 1/3 of the inside. Got a k&n incomplete cold air for $45 and had the other parts on hand. Helped a lot.

Thinking about manual hubs and tossing in a lunchbox up front, something selectable in the back, but harrop is $$$$ but cream of the crop. Id LOVE double harrops....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom