Hard 1-2 shift and P0771 code (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, just want a bit of direction here.

My rig recently sat for a month or so and a came back to a nearly dead battery. Charged it up and went to Home Depot ~20mi. On the way there it was perfect, once I went to leave it would flare a bit and hard shift from 1 to 2, and also down to 1, all at very light throttle, parking lot speeds. Did it maybe 5 times then seemed to clear up. No CEL or anything. Got back home and later needed to take it on a longer drive and it did it maybe once, threw a CEL (P0771) and then driving cleared up again, code still there. Now it appears to do it for the first shift or two when running from cold, but largely drives fine.

Obviously the code indicates a shift solenoid, never having been in one of these trans I'm not super familiar with the replacement process, and can't seem to find a good writeup online. It also occurs to me that I've not done anything with the fluid on this truck in the 25k miles I've had it, and it might be due for a flush. Basically just looking for a good how-to on solenoids, or direction if there is something else I should be looking to do before jumping into the trans internals.

My 4spd acts similar when it is cold but drives fine after it warms up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom