Handheld devices and RHD Vehicles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My wife was pulled over today in our HJ61 . The constable came up to the left hand side and asked for her drivers license and regee. He said she had been driving with her cell phone to her ear. He slowly realized that it was her passenger talking on the phone. His last words to her were " Let's just pretend this didn't happen." And walked away. We had a good laugh over that.

Never happened to me but neither my wife or I are much for talking on cell phones. However, I have heard about it from others on IVOAC. I usually get officers confused going through road blocks. The worst were two West Vancouver officers who shone their flash lights into the empty passenger seat for about a minute before they figured out I was driving on the RH side. :lol: As I pulled away, I could see the other officers checking the apposing traffic laughing at them.

Lol that happend to me too, except the officer didn't clue in until after he finished his do you know why I'm pulling you over speech. When he did finally figure it out he was very qiuck to flee the scene.

My favourite rhd story is from about 10 yeas ago, driving home in my fj45 (which as far as I know was probably the only rhd on the roads at that time) with my old dog Sophie in her usual spot on the passenger seat.
We come up to a counter attack road block in New West, the officer comes up the window and without missing a beat asks "the dog been drinking?" Nope, carry on then".

And who says cops don't have a sense of humour

The best one was for me right after my dad got his 81... I was 15 or so then and the lady officer at the road block asked is I had been drinking and then quickly said, do you even have a license? I said no and then she finally realized there was no Steering wheel on my side....

And yesterday some old man cut me off with no signal.... at the following red light I watched as he was trying to figure out who was driving as he couldn't see me through his side mirrors, he then honked and started making phone gestures and waiving his finger at me as my gf was playing with my phone the whole time... I swear people have nothing better to do, even thought he was the one in front of me lol

There is a chiropractor in Nanaimo that has a Prado. He has a full-size skeleton in the left hand seat with a fake steering wheel. Freaked me right out when I saw that the first time. :)

There is a chiropractor in Nanaimo that has a Prado. He has a full-size skeleton in the left hand seat with a fake steering wheel. Freaked me right out when I saw that the first time. :)

That would be fun.

my friend one night decided it was funny to pretend to drive with a frisbee in the passenger side.
He would pretend to swerve. I had to tell him to stop.....

I think Foreal is getting a bit excited...

Nope- the real reason for going RHD is girls on bikes in the curb lane.

Lance has a different view...

Nope- the real reason for going RHD is girls on bikes in the curb lane.

Lance has a different view...

i see that being a benefit sailor.
Unfortunately here its just old men who bike for transportation.

lance whats your view?!

Yu think? He's all over MUD just bursting with anticipation. O' course I'm a little jealous, that's all. :D

All this talk about 'shipping out', unless he's in the Navy, I'd wager that 77 is on its way.

or he joined the Village People tribute band....

Came through a roadblock and the guy started in with the "had anything to drink tonight..." Then realized that there was no steering wheel in front of her. He just walked over to my side and started just like we'd only just pulled up. "had anything to drink tonight...?"

No sense of humour there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom