Hand Held CB Radios? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've got a great story about parking garages. Imagine having 5 minutes to catch a flight and the FJ is too tall for short term parking but I had 1 inch to spare in long-term. Doing like 40mph thru the garage w/ out removing my antenna. Smacked that thing on every cross beam for 3 stories. Needless to say, I'm a big fan of that spring. Amazed the antenna is still working...

Last edited:
I've got a great story about parking garages. Imagine having 5 minutes to catch a flight and the FJ is too tall for short term parking but I had 1 inch to spare in long-term. Doing like 40mph thru the garage w/ out removing my antenna. Smacked that thing on every cross beam for 3 stories. Needless to say, I'm a big fan of that spring. Amazed the antenna is still working...

haha that's awesome. still in tune?

I should get my CB this week. I purchased the not-so-sexy midland you recommended. I think I can install everything myself but if I run into any problems or need help tuning it would you mind giving me a hand?

I installed the same set up Midland with big bills antenna, spring, and quick disconnect. Question, how did you tuning go and what distance are getting? In the city I can only hear my brothers (a jeep guy) 1.5 city blocks away and he tells me that from kenner he can hear truckers in the Huey P Long Bridge. He is as ignorant as me when it comes to CB radios but I do know he has a Unide box. I know most answers are over in the blue room, but before going to deep for a couple of hours in searching I'm wondering if there is a Tuning for Dummies answer.

I have a SWR meter that we can tune it with to see if that helps. The biggest issue with the FJC seems to be making sure you have a good ground.

Sure, let me know I can always come wherever or you can come tell me about the products you were suggesting. Unfortunately, I'm two doors down from a daiquiri shop, across from a beer store, and surrounded by several well known restaurants that are all within walking distance. If you don't mind that, you can come by the office and kill two birds with one stone, my treat.:cool:

beach cruiser said:

I think you got some roof rack parts out of my experience with a parking garage in the cbd. First two floors i went slow and got out and looked at all the tight spots, next three floors lulled me into complacency. Sixth floor...crunch! It ends well, i got a bajarack out of it.

I think you got some roof rack parts out of my experience with a parking garage in the cbd. First two floors i went slow and got out and looked at all the tight spots, next three floors lulled me into complacency. Sixth floor...crunch! It ends well, i got a bajarack out of it.
I know! Now I'm ready for you to nick the bajarack because it's time for me to upgrade again!:)

Remeber taht because of teh interference, CBs are barely above two cans joined with string. We all have them , beacuse they are easy to get and install. With a little bit of studying of free material and taking a 15.00 test, you cen get a HAM Radio license and have much better communications options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom