HAMOM AUG 19 !!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK, guys, its been a while since we had a (successful)HAMOM.
Next Saturday, we have another trifecta !!
First, Cars and Coffee
Second, Install Scott Shelley's lift on his Taco (shouldn't take long)
Third, Head down to Hollywood and get @Brandog 's bj40 back together.
He's done all of the dirty stuff that everyone hates...all is left is to put it back together.

Post up that you will be here...no whining about shopping with the wife, playing house,
picking out china, curtains, or silver.
Just be there................................................................................................................

I'll be there! Can't wait to finally get the lift on the Tacoma and see what it looks like and how well it rides! Hopefully!! Then we can finish up everything else and get ready for Logan's Run!

You taking the taco?

My time is limited on Saturday, I'll have to leave mid-morning. I'll be there early for CCC, probably for Scott's lift, and then I'm out. If anyone wants to do a one off HAMOM at Brandog's, I can go this week.

We haven't had a HAMOM since GSMTR and I'd like to get my rig on the lift at some point. I replaced the sway bar bushing, but I still have some GSMTR noises persisting and I'd like to pinpoint my PS leak thats getting worse. If there's a sign-up list for the next HAMOM, I'd like to get on the list.

First Sat in September

I am so ready for this. I have the drivers side almost back together. My problem is I need another set of hands to hold the brake assembly spindle and dust seal while I get the bolts started. Then all we need to do is change the brakes and adjust. I only have it this far on the drivers side. Pics....Oh well for some reason I can't upload pics. All the YouTube demos are with disc brakes so puting it back is a bitch . Need you David. Looking forward to the show. Leaving the passenger side for the HAMOM.

Oh and by the way , my 67th birthday is on the 23rd so this will be a great present to be able to drive it again. Thanks all.

See you Saturday

Woohoo!!!!! I figured out what was stopping me from sending pics.

20170814_152452_HDR.jpg

20170814_152349_HDR.jpg

20170814_152406_HDR.jpg

looking good, we'll get it back together Saturday

Gents I have a friend Bert stopping by with his 80 to see if someone might be able to put a set of eyes and ears on a belt noise, maybe water pump bearing sound. He's right around the corner.

I'm planning on coming out but waiting on wife to get home this morning.

IMG_1103.JPG
IMG_1106.JPG
IMG_1107 (1).JPG
IMG_1104.JPG
IMG_1105.JPG
Had a great time at Cars and Coffee and the HAMOM today! It was good seeing everyone. Me and David put the lift on my Tacoma and greased the driveshafts and changed a brake line. It rides a lot higher and so much smoother. The axle wrap from the worn out springs is now gone too! Then we headed over to Brandog's place to work on his cool Diesel 40. It was a very productive day. A lot of thanks goes out to David for all his help!!! I really appreciate it!!

Sorry I didn't make it fellas. Some of you met Bert and after some discussion he headed over so I could help him replace belts and get his truck ready for upcoming trip.

Needless to say David is a God send with his talents . Thank you so much on such a hot day for completing my bj40 knuckle job and installing the brake shoes. You went way out of your way to help a newbie in the club.
You not only captured my respect but hopefully a new friend. If there is anything I can do to help you out with anything, do not hesitate to call.
Heads up club members , this man deserves more respect and support in these HAMOMS , he is not our personal wrench. He does this saving us thousands collectively. Soooooo show up when these events are scheduled way in advance.
Just sayin!

Today I had the drums turned and they work perfectly. Did not have to adjust anything. Thanks again David your the best.

cool, glad everything worked out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom