Had to put dog to sleep (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We had to take our Macie Lou and have her put to sleep yesterday morning.

She was at least 15 years old. My wife picked her up as a stray 4 years ago. She was a great dog, very smart and very attached to my wife. My wife is not taking this well at all.

Macie has not been getting around good for years and all of a sudden this weekend, she could not stand up by herself at all. It's a terrible decision to make that awful trip to the vet, but it's best to keep her from suffering.

It's been a bad couple of months for us. April and I were expecting our first child in March, but April had a miscarriage a about six weeks ago.

Thanks for letting me share. It's been a real emotional time for us.

JR
macie.jpg
macie2.jpg

That sucks dude. I feel for you.

Get a new (adopted dog) and name her Macie Lou 2 and keep trying for the kid. My wife had a miscarry as well between kid 1 and 2. It is so common. Good luck.

My wife had a miscarry as well between kid 1 and 2. It is so common. Good luck.

X200 on the miscarriage thing. It's really very very common, but for some reason people act like when it happens, it's a dirty family secret or something. It happens for a reason.

Best wishes. Their lives are too short. They leave their pawprint on your heart and your handprint is on theirs.

That's a fine looking dog. It's very commendable that you picked her up as a stray and gave her a good home. You should consider getting another dog. Best of luck to you and your wife.

Keep your chin up. Losing a dog is hard. As for the miscarriage, it's a lot more common than people think. Doesn't make it easier, but it's pretty tempting to get down over it.

finding and taking in a stray is awsome. dogs have a way of knowing when they have been saved taken in whatever you want to call it. and i know there greatful. i am sorry for your loss. again not knowing her past chances are you and your wife gave her the best years of her life.

My heart goes out to you and your wife. I have first hand experience with both situations and know the deep feelings. We were blessed with our first child after 4 miscarriages, our second child after 2 miscarriages. We refer to it as the filtering out process. After laying down my 4 year old rottweiler i swore i wouldnt go through that pain again. He got cancer and was in the same state as your dog(suffering). It was one of the hardest decisions i had to make but it was the right one. I have a five year old dog now whom i adore and play with everyday. i will always have dogs and with that comes the pain of them leaving us. in fact, we might be adopting a cat in the near future. humane society or something like that. it's nice of you to have made your dog so happy in it's final years. i look forward to hearing of the birth of your child as i am sure it is in your future, take care.....

Sincere condolences. As suggested, don't wait to fill the void with another dog. Adopt. Investing emotionally in a new pet is the best therapy one can get, I think. I have not experienced the miscarriage thing. I'm sure you are still crushed. Keep trying!

Thanks

Thanks for all the replies. I really appreciate it.

I agree that adopted dogs make better pets. We still have four other rescued dogs. We would never dream of buying a puppy. We are definately the crazy dog people of the community.

Once again, thanks for all your concern.

JR

JR - I'm sorry for your loss. My wife had a miscarraige between child 1 and 2. It hit me much harder than I ever would have expected. Take care of yourself and your wife.

I feel your pain and wish you the best

I had to put my Rottie down last month, she was 6 years old and the best dog I've ever had. She had an 11 pound mass that they found after doing an autopsy. I had her in for surgery in April for what I was the same thing that they missed. Five months later, surgery was not an option. VERY tough time and I think about that dog everyday.

Miscarriages are very common too, you don't realize until you have one, then everybody seems to have experienced it.

Hope your doing well

im sorry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom