H55F Throw out bearing options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently had a brand new from toyota H55F swapped into my Fj60 and within the first month or so the throwout bearing is already squealing and appears to be going out and needs replacement. It was all OEM toyota parts and was wonder if I should put in another OEM bearing or if there is a better aftermarket bearing that would be better and less likely of being an issue. Any recommendations?

Press lightly on the clutch pedal when idling.
If the squeaking goes away, the sound is not the bearings in the bearing making noise, but the friction surface of the bearing that contacts the clutch spring tangs that's slippIng and making a racket.

Later model FJ60s have the T.O. bearing constantly in contact with the clutch cover springs and the bearing spins all the time. Older FJ60s have the T.O.bearing pulled away from the clutch when the clutch pedal is released.
What year is your cruiser?

If it's the later model- maybe replace the slave cylinder with a Toyota slave (not aftermarket). Sufficient spring tension inside the slave is necessary to keep the T.O. bearing from slipping (and screeching)

Adjust pedal height and free play per the FSM before you do anything else. If early design like @OSS says, use first diagram. If later, use second.

clutchadjust-jpg.407795

clutch-adjustment-jpg.471719

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom