For Sale H42 4speed transmission 150$ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

joekatana

GOLD Star
Threads
i have a 4 speed transmission from a BJ45 here that needs a new home. 150$ plus shipping I can Mudship it to a Cruiser event or you can arrange pickup from my shop in 75495 TX

Transfercase is not included !

Joe
IMG_8316.JPG
IMG_8317.JPG
IMG_8318.JPG

The splitcase with the drum brake is a nice find!

That is the only reason that H42 made it here, it is not a H41 but it comes out of a BJ45 pu so it is geared lower then one from a 40

That is the only reason that H42 made it here, it is not a H41 but it comes out of a BJ45 pu so it is geared lower then one from a 40

The H41 first gear is lower than the H42. Four gear is one to one on both. Put the transmission in first gear and transfer in high range. Rotate the input shaft and count how many times it takes to spin the output on the transfer case one time. Will either be about five (H41) or about three and a half (H41).

The H41 first gear is lower than the H42. Four gear is one to one on both. Put the transmission in first gear and transfer in high range. Rotate the input shaft and count how many times it takes to spin the output on the transfer case one time. Will either be about five (H41) or about three and a half (H41).

Last time I spoke to who I consider to be an authority on these I was informed that there are at least 3 different gearing options in the H42 but only way to really find out if it is a H41 is to take off the top plate and slide a ruler over the case.If the ruler hits the biggest gear and get hung up you have a genuine H41, otherwise it is one of the 3 different versions of the H42.

There a few what I would call experts here on mud @JohnnyC and @beno come to mind who would know if the H42 had lower gearing at some point over H41. If H42 had three different versions of gearing other small changes by time period and the H41 only one it's news to me. But Toyota does things that surprise me all the time.:cheers:

There a few what I would call experts here on mud @JohnnyC and @beno come to mind who would know if the H42 had lower gearing at some point over H41. If H42 had three different versions of gearing other small changes by time period and the H41 only one it's news to me. But Toyota does things that surprise me all the time.:cheers:

The source is Georg Esterer and I have a feeling he might have worked on one or two of these ;)

I trust Georg @orangefj45 . Be curious what these other H42 gearings are that are lower than a H41. 8/80 and later only show two versions of four speeds as far as gears for the 4x series. There is the two options of input shafts, F/H and B engines.

I trust Georg @orangefj45 . Be curious what these other H42 gearings are that are lower than a H41. 8/80 and later only show two versions of four speeds as far as gears for the 4x series. There is the two options of input shafts, F/H and B engines.

No one said that they are lower then the H41, just lower then the most common H42 gearing

I do know there has been several come up here on mud that were low geared... trucks maxed out at 50 mph... 1st gear is unusable on/road

All the other cruisers had a reversed shift pattern

Does the tranny you have a reversed shift pattern from a normal cruiser?

I do know there has been several come up here on mud that were low geared... trucks maxed out at 50 mph... 1st gear is unusable on/road

All the other cruisers had a reversed shift pattern

Does the tranny you have a reversed shift pattern from a normal cruiser?

Same as any old 4 speed I have ever driven.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom