H.P and torque for 2L-T and 2LTE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am curious about the difference in h.p. and torque between a 2L-T vs a 2L-TE with the fuel injection if any . I have a 1990 LJ71 with the 2L-TE.

Also on another note.- I have two switchs that I don't have any details on. One is the sport mode and normal ride switch and the other is the ECT switch with power and normal. What are these for and what do they do.

Thanks

Peter

i've never had an LJ, but drawing from past trucks that I've owned that have the same switches, I would guess that the Sport and Normal ride mode refers to electronically adjustable shocks that stiffen under Sport mode and soften to normal dampening in the Normal mode. My old Nissan Poo Finder had the same system. The shocks were worth a lot of money to replace, but didn't hold up very well for wheeling. The idea is similar to having adjustable Rancho 9000 shocks, but with two levels instead of five.

The ECT switch affects the shift pattern of your slushbox. :D If you put it to Power, the tranny will wait until higher RPMs before shifting to the next gear.

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom