GXBob the only GX460 Specific Youtuber? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Love GXBob. Have watched all of his videos.

You on here bro? Lol

Anyways. Who else does GX specific videos or at least GX heavy videos? Any GX camping channels? I watch Lifestyle Overland they have a GX.

Jake and TXGX are on this forum:

Sami does a lot of work on his GX and has some really detailed walkthroughs (including the CC/MTS video stikied on this forum):

Mix of DIY and driving the GX here:

This one is Toyota focused, but has a bunch of info that's applicable to the GX. RCI links to his videos for GX/T4R skid installs:

That rounds out my GX YouTube subs.

Jake and TXGX are on this forum:

Sami does a lot of work on his GX and has some really detailed walkthroughs (including the CC/MTS video stikied on this forum):

Mix of DIY and driving the GX here:

This one is Toyota focused, but has a bunch of info that's applicable to the GX. RCI links to his videos for GX/T4R skid installs:

That rounds out my GX YouTube subs.
I just copied this thread to the GX460 Manuals sticky thread.
The manuals thread would be a great place to put any links to any GX Youtube content. Not necessarily each and every video, but the bloggers that post them, like Jake and Sami, post their links.
I know not everyone will see this post, but in the future let's put these links in the GX 460 Manuals thread!
Thanks all!! 🤙

This one wasn't mentioned:
Some chill and watch offroading, some parts installs etc
"GX460 Off-Road"
I might add this gentlemen takes his not lifted GX460 on very rough Jeep trails and obstacles. These are trails that I am very familiar with. I'm blown away at the hill climbing and rock crawling ability of this basically stock rig.

Any rig traversing the hard ways up Ceghorn to almost Dishpan springs in addition to successfully clearing the 2 hardest sections of Gold Mountain in stock form is amazing.

I might add this gentlemen takes his not lifted GX460 on very rough Jeep trails and obstacles. These are trails that I am very familiar with. I'm blown away at the hill climbing and rock crawling ability of this basically stock rig.

Any rig traversing the hard ways up Ceghorn to almost Dishpan springs in addition to successfully clearing the 2 hardest sections of Gold Mountain in stock form is amazing.
I agree. And I know with my lockers, tires size, suspension, etc. my rig can do EVERYTHING I throw at it, but it's the buckling of panels and breaking things I just don't want to deal with.
As I've said before, I don't mind pin striping, but draw the line at caving in fenders and doors. I have to admit, my wife actually pulls my reins in sometimes when I come up to something like that and she see's that glint in my eye. Then I have to remember and say to myself, "She's built for overlanding, NOT rock crawling."

Yes and you know those trails. Big bear has some of the sharpest rocks around. And how about that John Bull!!
Did John Bull in my wife's stock 100 series with 33" tires. Made it through, but the rocker panels (side steps) were completely buckled. Always promised I'd put rock sliders on it, but never did then sold it. :meh:
We usually took my Hundy anyways.

Did John Bull in my wife's stock 100 series with 33" tires. Made it through, but the rocker panels (side steps) were completely buckled. Always promised I'd put rock sliders on it, but never did then sold it. :meh:
We usually took my Hundy anyways.

Motorcycles only both ways on that rail. There is no way in heck I would take any 4 wheeled vehicle on that trail. The last few rides that place was like the 91 freeway at rush hour. No possible way to pass anyone.

Reactions: r2m
Yeah, you get clubs with 15-20 rigs and it's an all day event to make it pass one obstacle. The biggest problem is that the clubs don't qualify their vehicles to see if they can do the harder trails. :doh:
You'll have open diff almost stock vehicles trying what should be done with minimum rear locker, 3" lift and 33" (35" preferred) tires. Not to mention some sort of armor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom