GX470 T-case ?’s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve got three questions. I looked through the FAQ but missed it if it’s in there.

1: What model is the GX470 case?

2: Is the GX460 case the same as the GX470? If not, what is the model of that?

3: Is there an NV4500 adapter for either the GX470 or GX460 transfer case?

Thanks, Michael

1. Not sure. There might be a barcode or marking on the case.
2. Not the same as its all electronic shift
3. Never heard NV4500.

So you are planning to put manual transmission on GX?
There is middle east spec 100 series that have 4.7 and MT. Not sure what kind of transfer case they use.

1. Not sure. There might be a barcode or marking on the case.
2. Not the same as its all electronic shift
3. Never heard NV4500.

So you are planning to put manual transmission on GX?
There is middle east spec 100 series that have 4.7 and MT. Not sure what kind of transfer case they use.
Just brainstorming. Thanks!

The 470 xfer is a VF4BM the same as the V8 4Rnr and certain FJC's.

If memory serves the 460's have a different version of the VF4

Not sure on the NV4500 adapter but I doubt anyone has gone down that path yet. Ignoring cost, there are likely OE MT's that bolt up the 2UZ just not in the US.

@IBCRUSN Kind of what I figured. Thanks for the model designation. I know the A750 bolts up to the HF2AV, I should be looking into bolt patterns and spline counts to see if that adapter would work.

I know you can get an OEM bell housing etc to run a H151 behind the 2UZ. No idea what transfer case options for that transmission.

what sort of project are you brainstorming?

I know you can get an OEM bell housing etc to run a H151 behind the 2UZ. No idea what transfer case options for that transmission.

what sort of project are you brainstorming?
Disappeared for a bit. I was thinking Isuzu diesel-NV4500-stock tcase.

Don’t think that will happen, still never found enough info on an adapter for the transfer. I think the A343 will bolt up to the stock GX transfer case? I’d assume so at least, so much interchange in that area.

My adapter will work with a few Toyota autos, or make the Isuzu look like a Cummins and go to pretty much any trans that works with that.

Im to the point where I hesitate to cut up a good 80. Considering selling the 80 and getting a GX470 with a bad engine.

460 uses the VF4BM like the 4th Gen 4R V8 and 5th Gen 4R Limited models

IIRC

VF2A lever actuated part time transfer case

VF2BM electronic engagement part time transfer case

I believe VF4B is model used in the 470

460 uses the VF4BM like the 4th Gen 4R V8 and 5th Gen 4R Limited models

IIRC

VF2A lever actuated part time transfer case

VF2BM electronic engagement part time transfer case

I believe VF4B is model used in the 470
And those would potentially mate up to the A343 4 speed trans? I’m trying to remember all the engine-trans combos Toyota had.

And those would potentially mate up to the A343 4 speed trans? I’m trying to remember all the engine-trans combos Toyota had.

I don’t think so, the A343 would have a long 19 spline output and different bolt pattern. The GX case will have a short 23 spline input.

We have the VF4BM transfer case, Chain drive, pitiful 2.57:1 low range. We dont have many options being full time AWD. When the time comes i'd like to put dual cases with the FJ case and a 4.7:1. Northwest fab is working on gears for the chain driven cases too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom