[GX470] Aftermarket Stock Shocks? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If I were a psycho GX470 owner and wanted to keep my suspension stock, would I be crazy to try these:

Amazon product ASIN B07F7VMW57
has anyone on here ever tried them? Assuming these are probably the same thing:

Just not sure I wanted to spend double this on OEM for a truck with 13X,XXX miles on it that I know I'll eventually want to turn into another monster truck. But for right now (next 3-5 years), I want it stock. I was able to get Lexus to do the fronts under warranty about 10k ago, and it's driving my OCD nuts thinking that I'm mis-matched front to rear. They wouldn't do the rears before the warranty ran out. Cheapskates.

Thanks for any input! Attached below is a picture of my truck in Moab last summer to prove I'm a sooper cool dood and becuase I know threads are boring without pictures :)

20180707_134912 (1).jpg

Hey man. I haven't yet, but I'm thinking I may try them just to be the guinea pig. Recently graduated school and started working, so I should have some cash to try it out soon. Let me know if you try them first!

Ah, thanks. I'm surprised with the age & average mileage of these vehicles, and the outrageous cost of the OEM shocks, that more people on here haven't tried it. I'd very much appreciate it if you did and reported back!

That's what I was thinking! But I think most people on here are probably "upgrading" to stuff geared more towards off road. I'll report back here if/when I do it.

I don't think anything can go all that wrong at the back other than if one blows up, I doubt it's gonna get warrantied and therefore we'd be out the money. The front I'd be more worries about safety.

If your goal is to stay stock for the next few years, just pull the trigger and buy them from Amazon. Pay a little extra for the warranty and you're good. That is what I did for my crappy air bags. Going strong for a year, and if they both pop a day after the 2 year warranty expires I'll still feel that I got my monies worth. And then have more motivation to do a suspension upgrade. I replaced the bags assuming the GX was going to stay my wife's car, then that changed a month later......now it's mine

I pulled the trigger on the Amazon shocks. Truck rides like new. Before it used to have a big clunking sound whenever I hit a pothole or speed bump. Now it is noticeably quieter, smoother, more plush. I would recommend anyone take the dive if their rear suspension is loud.
ONLY time will tell if they hold up as well as OEM

Nice! Thanks for reporting back. Did you do these exact ones? Now is a good time to tinker on the GX. So glad you're happy with them so far.

looks great. Might be the Hill you’re on, but the rear has a great rake to it.
But...
Where did you get the Flag decals for your rear quarters windows??

I pulled the trigger on the Amazon shocks. Truck rides like new. Before it used to have a big clunking sound whenever I hit a pothole or speed bump. Now it is noticeably quieter, smoother, more plush. I would recommend anyone take the dive if their rear suspension is loud.
ONLY time will tell if they hold up as well as OEM

Hiya. Can you re-post a link to the shocks on Amazon? The one at the beginning of this thread seems to have expired. Thanks!

Hiya. Can you re-post a link to the shocks on Amazon? The one at the beginning of this thread seems to have expired. Thanks!
its not letting me post the link, but this is the title of the listing "Koauto Left and Right Rear Shock Absorber Set For Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 120 2002-09 GX470 4.7L 2003-2009 48530-69485"

LuftMeister 48530-69485 Pair Rear Shock Absorber For Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 120 2002-09, Lexus GX470 4.7L 2003-09 48530-69185, 48530-69205,48530-60071

I just bought a set of these myself off of Amazon. Very quick delivery and the seller was excellent to work with to remedy missing hardware out of one of the boxes.

After pulling the label off the shocks, they are indeed stamped Toyota / KYB and have part number 48530-60070. They appear to be of high quality.

I'm about two weeks away from installing them along with new rear airbags and bump stops.

Last edited:
LuftMeister 48530-69485 Pair Rear Shock Absorber For Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 120 2002-09, Lexus GX470 4.7L 2003-09 48530-69185, 48530-69205,48530-60071

I just bought a set of these myself off of Amazon. Very quick delivery and the seller was excellent to work with to remedy missing hardware out of one of the boxes.

After pulling the label off the shocks, they are indeed stamped Toyota / KYB and have part number 48530-60070. They appear to be of high quality.

I'm about two weeks away from installing them along with new rear airbags and bump stops.
I can confirm that. I have also luftmeister shocks in back and they seem to be fine. I dont have comparsion since old ones were leaking.

But i can also confirm its stamped TOYOTA on head where bolt goes thru. Thats funny ... i have to take off those white stickers and see if there is something written like You said.

Does anyone know if the LuftMeister and Koauto and GELUOXI brands are the same shocks? I see two people verifying the LuftMeister has Toyota stamped on them, but have not seen the same for the Koauto or GELUOXI. I am going to replace all 4 shocks, and the Koauto (was cheaper $395 now it's up to $795??) and the GELUOXI is $395, LuftMeister would be about $100 more. On a side note, the price keeps shifting on Amazon, especially with the Koauto, strange.

Does anyone know if the LuftMeister and Koauto and GELUOXI brands are the same shocks? I see two people verifying the LuftMeister has Toyota stamped on them, but have not seen the same for the Koauto or GELUOXI. I am going to replace all 4 shocks, and the Koauto (was cheaper $395 now it's up to $795??) and the GELUOXI is $395, LuftMeister would be about $100 more. On a side note, the price keeps shifting on Amazon, especially with the Koauto, strange.

One quick question.
If you you will see wooden fance with sign : "nice ass" will You start touch it or pet it ? 😆
I dont think so. So what will give you toyota label on china shocks ? They all are the same. Paper will take everything... all logos all certificates etc so dont be crazy all these chinas brands are created in meantime and have nothing common with oem toyota part. I have those luftmaister and cant say anything bad. They works. Thats all. Rest are subiective feelings. Nobody will tell you more unless somebody cut them in half open and compare with oem.

you can find factory and order your self 100pcs 1000pcs with whatever you want to be printed on them.

Buy bilstein and get rid of that s***ty system. I was beliver too. Soon or later this ssytem will fail. I jave changed compressor height sensors airbags and still had issues. **** that save your money hassle elbow grease and invest in aftermarket set like bilstein or other kit with lift.

I lost few days of work. Lot of money and on the end of the day i ended up with coil conversion kit. I still have that luftmeister set and its fine but i dont have comparsion to other brands... soon i will get rid of them in place of bilstein or other kit which give You better ride and little lift. Take a lesson on my mistakes ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom