GX460 Front Bumper Clips (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New-to-me '13 GX seems to have had one-too-many encounters with shopping carts because the top front bumper clips on both sides, just below the headlights, will 'latch', but the slightest pressure from the front near the headlight washer will cause the clips to unlatch and the section of the bumper that meets the fender will bulge out and need to be clipped in again.

Is this usually do to broken clips on the bumper cover itself, or busted clips on the bracket behind the bumper cover?

Bravo, that's it! Mine isn't quite as bad as his (yet), but at least I know what I can look forward to.

I own a 3rd Gen 4R, 4th Gen 4R, 1st Gen GX, and now a 2nd Gen GX. While Lexus has come a long way with the interior quality on the GX, the exterior quality on the 2nd Gen GX is sorely lacking, especially when compared to how tight and solid the body panel fitment is on my '05 GX. Of only they could figure out a way to be hip and modern with the body lines AND make it stay together.

Also while his issue appears to be the entire seem between the bumper and fender coming loose (yikes), mine is only the clip holding the far upper corner of the bumper, just below the headlights. The result is that plastic peak of the bumper not quite lining up with the metal fender behind it, but thankfully it doesn't look like it's falling off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom