GX 460 new Leather or imitation leather? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Gents,

Pulling the trigger on a new GX today. Option is leather or imitation leather. I have had leather, can anyone give experience and their opinion on the imitation leather seats from a standpoint of comfort and durability.

Thanks in advance.

Mine is a 2013 with the Premium package which includes the ventilated seats. I believe they are leather. They're showing crease lines like leather. After 6 years, the drivers seat is looking just a little tired, not much, but not as pristine as the front passenger seat.
As a note, I love the premium package on mine!

Mine says "leather-trimmed seats". Assuming this means just parts are leather (like the seating area and back) and the rest is NuLuxe. No opinion quite yet as I just got this one (2019 premium). The seats are very comfortable so far, much more comfortable than our BMW X1.

I have a 2015 luxury. I specifically got luxury over the premium for the real leather. The faux leather Bloches / fades most noticeable on black interiors. I saw a few like that when I was shopping for a GX

The semi-aniline stuff seems to wear pretty quickly compared to non-leather, and my assumption is that it has a lot to do with the perforation for ventilation, but who knows.

My 2010
The semi-aniline black in my '12 Premium is wearing well but still only at 60K miles. Far better than the cheaper leathers in my other vehicles over the years.

‘10-’13 Premium Semi-Aniline Leather
‘10-’13 Base with “Comfort Plus Package” - Semi-Aniline Leather
‘10-’13 Base - Leather

‘14+ Luxury Semi-Aniline Leather
‘14-’18 Premium- Leather
‘14+ Base - Nuluxe
‘19 Premium Leather or Nuluxe depending on interior color choice
The wear on my 2010 seats (base with comfort plus) has been the only disappointing part of my truck - and the noticeable wear started a while ago. I believe the cooling “vent holes” are a contributing factor.

We have a 2019 Premium and it has Black NuLuxe. It's very similar to the Softex in our TRD Pro 4Runner which looked brand new after 14 months and 28K miles. I love the feel of the Semi-Aniline in our 2019 LX570 but it definitely wears like natural leather and will not hold up like the NuLuxe stuff. You have to choose between the feel and comfort of leather or the durability and long term looks of NuLuxe, for a long term rig I'd choose the latter. Less maintenance and better looks and durability over time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom