GX 460 2nd Row Captains Chairs vs. Bench (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any opinions on the captains chairs vs the bench seat? I like the idea of the captains chairs, but it really limits the used market with them only being available on 2017+.

Do the 2nd row bench seats adjust at all? We won’t be using the 3rd row hardly ever so that’s not an issue.

Also, how rare is the Driver’s Support Package on 2014+? I really want all the safety features, but again it seems to be limiting the pool of available used cars.

Any opinions or information would be appreciated.

I’ve owned three GX’s, 10, 14 & 17. First two had benches and my 17 has the rear captains chairs. Everyone loves the chairs more (except me). I work for myself and travel on the road a good bit and when I do my large dog comes with me. The gap between the seats is annoying for my dog (the rear seats are usually folded down) and sometimes I carry a lot of gear. As for looks and for the folks that do sit in the rear they all LOVE the chairs....and it does give the interior a higher end look. The reason I chose it is I found an L certified 2017 last May with 11k miles on it with nebula gray and ecru interior (the exact combination I wanted) at a fair deal.

I've been struggling with this for a week or so. I have an LX470 now and looking at a new GX with Captains Chairs in the rear. I have two kids, 17-yo son and 12-yo daughter plus a 60lb Goldendoodle. Not sure where the dog would ride on long road trip with luggage in the back. Perhaps a luggage pod on back or top.....

I agree with Carnevino. My wife and son wanted the captain chairs, I didn't really care for them. They do give the vehicle a more premium feel with separate cup holders and arm rests and the seats are more comfortable for passengers but I agree that the cargo area is more useful with the bench seat. We're just a 3 person family so didn't really need a lot of seating so these worked out okay.

I have the 2nd row bench and would rather have the captains chairs to be honest - mostly because of the kids. It would make getting into the back row easier and would generally allow for easier kid-mobility.

Another vote for the bench seat. My parents have had three GX's now with the second row captains chairs and they love them. I agree with the comments about perceived class and third row accessibility with the captains, but we don't have kids, we have three large dogs and I sometimes sleep inside the rig when camping so for me it's bench all the way.

Reactions: r2m
Another vote for the bench seat. My parents have had three GX's now with the second row captains chairs and they love them. I agree with the comments about perceived class and third row accessibility with the captains, but we don't have kids, we have three large dogs and I sometimes sleep inside the rig when camping so for me it's bench all the way.
I agree. The captains chairs are a nice upgrade but on the practical side, gotta have the bench. It's a lot easier for loading up for camping especially since one can fold down the seats in various configurations, e.g. left, right, center or any combination.

Bench just on cargo capacity

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom