Gun Range Day 5/16 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.gacruisers.com
Our next outting after the Gulches will be at Charlie Elliott Wildlife Center shooting range. The range opens at 10AM on Saturday.

Map and directions
Map of 543 Elliott Trl Mansfield, GA by MapQuest

From Atlanta, take I-20 eastbound to Exit 98 (Hwy. 11, Monroe-Monticello). Turn right and continue south about 12 miles on Hwy. 11, crossing Hwy. 278 and Hwy. 142. The main entrance to Charlie Elliott Wildlife Center (Marben Farm Road) is about 3 miles south of Mansfield on the left.

Range rules
http://georgiawildlife.dnr.state.ga.us/assets/documents/CEWC/FIRING RANGE RULES.pdf

Misc.
-Hiking and camping are also available

Anyone up for a range day?

I'll be in Tn for some friend's birthday parties.

If anyone is ever interested in going to Wilson Shoals though I'm game.

They will also be having the Turkey Wild-life Foundation there at Charlie Elliot... so for those who do not want to shot, there will be other activities going on at the same time.... Should be a lot of fun!!!!

Nowadays buying and paying for ammo isn't easy. Can't find 9MM anywhere.

Hello,

I'm a friendly FFL/SOT Class 3 if you guys need anything. We are very small so even if I sale at cost I am sometimes higher than volume dealers. Yes, ammo is hard to come buy.

don't forget that everyone needs to bring their own targets and stands (they are not provided), a box and tape to hold targets will work fine. Paper targets only. Also everyone needs hearing and eye protection for the range, you can't shoot or get on the range without it.
Lookin forward to it.

Wanted to let everyone know that Mr. Steve Scruggs from "Let's Get Wild" will be there at the National Wildlife Event that is going on. He will have his snakes and other things there for demenstrations... so there will be other things to do if you get tired of shooting!!!

Hilery

Last edited:
ammo type

Forgive me for my ignorance....How do you know what type to buy, say for example you have a .45 and a .38 (i think)? And the internet site has 3 types for a 45, 45 gap, 45 long colt, or 45 winchester magnum......

For those who may not know what a target stand is here is a picture of one, it's a little different than the ones I've used but it gets the point across. It doesn't have to be anything complicated or fancy, most of the ones I've seen are simply a +/- 24"x36" sheet of scrap plywood with two legs nailed to it giving it a height of about about 5ft total. Each leg then has a foot to allow the stand to "stand" on its own as in the picture.

And I believe Patrick set the scheduled time to arrive at 10AM

targestand.jpg
targestand.jpg

How am I supposed to hit the :censor::censor:target if I do not know what type of ammo I need....
For those who may not know what a target stand is here is a picture of one, it's a little different than the ones I've used but it gets the point across. It doesn't have to be anything complicated or fancy, most of the ones I've seen are simply a +/- 24"x36" sheet of s**** plywood with two legs nailed to it giving it a height of about about 5ft total. Each leg then has a foot to allow the stand to "stand" on its own as in the picture.

And I believe Patrick set the scheduled time to arrive at 10AM

View attachment 323647

pillguy,

If you have a .45 then it is probably a .45ACP. The .45GAP is a Glock only round and the .45Long Colt is an old Cowboy, Single action round, never seen a .45 winchester Mag. (maybe a rifle cartridge.) To be on the safe side go to your local gun store and take your guns with you. If not, just bring your guns to the range and I will have some extra .45 ACP and .38 you can use.

Sid

Sid,

Great, I appreciate your offer. I have a box of .45 long colt, dated 8/65 says unique powder wt= 8 grains with a 250grain bullet listed on a hand labeled form. The casing says WRA 45 colt. I also have a few .45APC ammo as well
I will try to stop by a store tomorrow and see what I can come up with.

Andrew
pillguy,

If you have a .45 then it is probably a .45ACP. The .45GAP is a Glock only round and the .45Long Colt is an old Cowboy, Single action round, never seen a .45 winchester Mag. (maybe a rifle cartridge.) To be on the safe side go to your local gun store and take your guns with you. If not, just bring your guns to the range and I will have some extra .45 ACP and .38 you can use.

Sid

Sid,

Great, I appreciate your offer. I have a box of .45 long colt, dated 8/65 says unique powder wt= 8 grains with a 250grain bullet listed on a hand labeled form. The casing says WRA 45 colt. I also have a few .45APC ammo as well
I will try to stop by a store tomorrow and see what I can come up with.

Andrew

I don't know if you saw my post in the upstate section.....IMHO you may want to check on the value of your colt before you take it out plinking... Old ammo can also be valuable...wra is winchester repeating arms....if you want to PM me the info on them, I'll look them up in my "blue book of gun values"

Guys, I had fun today with all of you. Glad we beat the rain this time, hope to go again sometime soon.

Andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom