Gubs....boom pow (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like the Kahr's. I used to have a sweet stainless one. Nice no frills double action gun. .40 was the biggest caliber they handled when I had one. The poly frames were sweet too.

I shot a friends Kimber Ultra Carry once and liked that, too. Thems high $$$ though.

I like the XD's pretty well. I had a Glock 36, which is the single stack .45 ACP, and it was great except for the stinkin' grip angle. I prefer the angle of the 1911, so that pushes me toward the XD line. I have an XD9Sc, the 9mm double stack subcompact, and it's a fine shooter.

FWIW, my daily carry is a Kimber Ultra Carry with the CT lasergrips. You should call me some time and join me when I go to shoot. She is a fearsome fire breathing dragon!

It would be awesome if they made that in 9mm or .40 cal

You mean the XD or the Ultra Carry? I THINK they do make the UC in a 9mm, but I don't believe the XD single stack is available in anything but the .45 ACP.

Of course, since .45 ACP is God's Chosen Caliber, who would want anything else? :p

Slabsides45 said:
Of course, since .45 ACP is God's Chosen Caliber, who would want anything else? :p

Amen brotha, AMEN!

The XDs will be coming out in a 9mm or 40...so I will wait.

I want the 40 and then someone will make a barrel kit for a .357sig

I have a great place to shoot outside but it is too hot right now.

.357 Sig is the way to go. When the Texas DPS went from .45 to .357 Sig, it got people's attention. Everything is bigger and better in Texas, and they went from big to small. A lot of energy and the ability to hold more rounds is a plus-plus. Just my $0.02.

Not sure what your wanting it for, but for a good pocket conceal carry, I love my Sig P238, has the best feel and balance of the small guns I have shot.

I carried a my para LDA 45 ACP for a while but in dress pants and a polo or dress shirt, it was pretty bulky. I love my 1911s and will probably be buying a Les Baer toward the end of the year.

Buddy has the sub-compact XD 40 and he likes it, but he is looking at a Sig p238 just because of the size. My boss just picked up a Ruger LC9 but hasn't shot it yet.

I personally like a metal frame myself, but if I was going to buy a poly frame I would go with an XD, and the new 45 has caught my eye as well.

Not sure what your wanting it for, but for a good pocket conceal carry, I love my Sig P238, has the best feel and balance of the small guns I have shot.

I carried a my para LDA 45 ACP for a while but in dress pants and a polo or dress shirt, it was pretty bulky. I love my 1911s and will probably be buying a Les Baer toward the end of the year.

Buddy has the sub-compact XD 40 and he likes it, but he is looking at a Sig p238 just because of the size. My boss just picked up a Ruger LC9 but hasn't shot it yet.

I personally like a metal frame myself, but if I was going to buy a poly frame I would go with an XD, and the new 45 has caught my eye as well.

I have a PF9 for a pocket gun...just waiting until the XDs .40 cal comes out.

Haven't shot it, but I've heard a lot of good things about the XDs. The capacity is a bit low, but it's a small, single stack .45, so that's a given. YouTube the Hickok45 XDs video. That'll let you see it in action with a great video host. Good luck.

---"Wait Master, it might be dangerous.....You go first."--

.357 Sig is the way to go. When the Texas DPS went from .45 to .357 Sig, it got people's attention. Everything is bigger and better in Texas, and they went from big to small. A lot of energy and the ability to hold more rounds is a plus-plus. Just my $0.02.

I second that. .40 cal powder pushing a 9mm projectile. It's nastier than Bomar's ex wife.

Just L I V I N son.

Have any of you black gub enthusiasts seen or know anything about the Beowulf Entry? It's a .50 cal upper on an AR-15 platform.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom