Greetings and a Question on Slip Light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys I'm brand new here!

New owner of a 2012 GX460 Base with 66,000 miles. First mod was completed this week:
Swapped stock wheels for Alpha Equipt. 17" Foxtrot's and had them installed with 265/70/17 BF Goodrich T/A KO2s.

IMG_5083.jpeg

Today I went to get an alignment and when I picked it up, I noticed the slip indicator light was on. The shop guy showed me in their notes it was actually on when I dropped it off (probably missed it in my excitement for the new shoes) but he still plugged in his reader for me and tried to help troubleshoot. It read as "ECU initial setting incomplete". He tried clearing it but all it told him was to drive straight at 20 km/hr for 100 meters. Obviously I have tried that and still, no luck. Two more things that I have noticed now:
1) My TRAC control bottom does nothing, won't turn off, no reaction if I press it fast or hold it for a few seconds.
2) The diagram on the dash shows which door is open and (usually) how the tires are turned is not working correctly. It will show the doors just find but no matter how I turn the wheels, they never come up in the diagram.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know, there's no Lexus dealer in my area, but there is a Toyota if it comes to that.

Thanks for reading this and I'm sorry we had to meet this way lol

IMG_5106.jpeg
IMG_5107.jpeg

Update on this. I also had no DAC but after searching through this forum I was able to find that doing a ZPC will fix the problem. Got my 2 paperclips and successfully was able to remove the light! Here were the steps
1) turned vehicle off, inserted paper clips into 4 and 12
2) turned on accessory power, hit paperclips together 4 times, turned off
3) held paper clips together, turned on accessory power, turned on DAC, turned off
4) started it up and did my straight drive at 20mph for 10 seconds

BANG, THE LIGHT IS OFF!!! only one problem....
After all of this the I noticed that my steering angle diagram still is not showing. I'm not sure how to reengage this feature but I guess I can live without it. It would be cool if you guys had a resolve for this...

Overall, semi successful day but screw that alignment shop, that code definitely wasn't there before so there notes were definitely a lie. The alignment didn't fix my rubbing (at the 1/2 turn point it's hitting the screw head in the back of the well that connects the step side). The alignment shop only adjusted the toe and told me that if I was still rubbing there was nothing they could do even though I asked for them to adjust the caster... It rubs on the passenger side a lot more than it does on the driver side (passenger side caster 2.7 degrees, driver 2.9 degrees). I feel like demanding they get them both to 3.2 degrees or something but I'm not sure if thats the right call. I could also just do the running board delete. Any input on this?
IMG_5108.jpg

Steering angle should come back after a further drive straight

ZPC is necessary step when adding Crawl Control

It's better to remove the offending bolt and trim the back of the side skirt than to have bad alignment just to stop a rub on plastic. That sideskirt bolt is effectively superfluous but you can replace with flat head screw if it bothers you.

Steering angle should come back after a further drive straight

ZPC is necessary step when adding Crawl Control

Thank you, I took it for a longer drive late last night and it finally kicked back on!

It's better to remove the offending bolt and trim the back of the side skirt than to have bad alignment just to stop a rub on plastic. That sideskirt bolt is effectively superfluous but you can replace with flat head screw if it bothers you.
Seems like the best option, thanks for the input.

I was able to get enough clearance for Falken Rubitrek 265/70R17s (which run large) by heating the fender liner with a heat gun and pushing it with a broomstick while letting it cool. It took a couple rounds to get it for all situations like backing up with the wheel cranked one direction vs the other. In the places where the liner rubs there's significant clearance between the plastic and body metal so there's room to push it back. I replaced the famous bolt with something with a flatter head and then heat molded it out of the way. There's a couple good youtube videos on the fender liner heat molding.

I figure that Lexus put the liner there for a reason so I want to keep it. If I cut parts of the liner away that will leave pockets for road gunk to collect. We have problem here with lots of tree crap (leaves and needles) on the road in winter. It combines with dirt and sprays up into the undercarriage where it sticks and dries like adobe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom