Great service experiance! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A couple of weeks ago a large rock smash my 80 windshield.

I had it replaced by a local glass shop's mobil unit (Portland Glass). They used a safelite windshield, incorrect glue and an aftermarket gasket. During the install they trashed the trucks paint , dash and headliner. They also didn't glue in the windshield into the gasket or glue the edges of the gasket to the truck frame. I had even provided the factory manual to the shop... To make matters worst they would not own up to any of the damage. I ended up having the insurance company file a claim against them. Even the insurace adjuster agreed the the truck was unsafe and OKed a rental. I was smart enough to take before and after pics with timestamps.

Well today I dropped off the truck to New Hampshire Glass. The had the truck for the day and did an amazing job replacing the windshield. USE ONLY THE OEM PARTS on the 80. The gasket is much lower to the body than the aftermarket gasket! You end up with much less wind noise. The install was PERFECT. All the edged are glued as well as the the gasket to the glass. They also took the time to remove the cowel to glue the bottom of the gasket correctly. I had placed paint marks on the screws. If you need a windshield in your cruiser use New Hampshire Glass in Portsmouth and ask for Patrick.:beer:

Last edited:
I am not sure if they do weekend work but If so drop it off and we could grab beer at Redhook.

Or I could pick you up after work and drop you off there. It is right down the street from me.

The truck should be mobile tomorrow. Right now I only have work for Monday so the down pipe needs to get welded, the windshield replaced and it's way over due for it's inspection. I was out in Rochester NY last week and they said I was lucky not to have seen snow out there. I'm heading back in 3 weeks and I want the LC under my butt when I do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom