Greasing control arms and other chassis components - questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kcjaz

SILVER Star
Threads
So its time to lube the chassis and anything else with a zerk fitting. Couple questions:

1. I assume that the same (really any) MP grease used for prop shafts is good for everything else. right?

2. Has anyone compiled a list if all zerk fittings on a 200? I see 3 on each prop shaft. I have a BP-51 suspension with SPC UCAs that I know need to be hit with grease.

3. For everything except the prop shafts, how much grease? One pump? Check by pushing the zerk ball in? There is a whole other thread on prop shafts that I don't want to duplicate here. If you have thoughts on that topic, please go there.

There are 6 OEM zerks on a 200, 3 on each shaft. If you’ve read the prop shaft thread, you know what folks are using for grease. If you’ve added components with zeros, those components should have owner maintenance manuals for grease type, quantity, and frequency.

Highly, highly, highly recommend a needle attachment for your grease gun. I’ve been blessed once with aligned zerks not requiring me to move the car when I had the standard quick-connect head. The needle attachment is a life saver.

I use M1 synthetic even though the white coat Mr T engineers spec different grease in each zerk.

There are 6 OEM zerks on a 200, 3 on each shaft. If you’ve read the prop shaft thread, you know what folks are using for grease. If you’ve added components with zeros, those components should have owner maintenance manuals for grease type, quantity, and frequency.
Thanks, I haven't climbed under to look, because my 200 stays at a different place than where live most of the time but I was just assuming there would be a need to grease other components like steering knuckles or other suspension parts. Its interesting its only the prop shafts.

I found one thread, but I must have missed the "what type of grease" discussion. The FSM only says MP.

I am an outlier but on this landcruiser and the 80 series I owned before it, I just used Lucas Red n Tacky in everything. It seemed to be fine.

Found this for my SPC UCA's

1619528910228.png

I'm going with Valvoline Palladium and will use it also for the drive shaft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom