Grab Handles - Paint Color Match? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The overhead grab handles in my 1990 FJ62 are pretty beat up. I bought replacements and screw covers but they are grey instead of the original ivory colored handles. At least I think they were called “ivory”.

Anybody found a good spray paint brand/color to convert grey plastic to a close match for the ivory handles?

TIA
2B97CBBF-AB5E-44E1-8E0D-77E94E3B870D.jpeg
0DDCC989-E483-4869-9FEA-FB01E7C3D728.jpeg

SEM tends to be the way to go - but I am not sure about the Ivory. I've been using their Graphite color for swapping old brown interior parts to gray (the opposite of what you are doing).

SEM tends to be the way to go - but I am not sure about the Ivory. I've been using their Graphite color for swapping old brown interior parts to gray (the opposite of what you are doing).
Thanks @hygge . I’ve seen SEM mentioned on Mud a few times. I’ll check if they have anything in the ballpark. Will report back in the near future.

Interesting, I ordered new handles and they came ivory, and the plugs came as grey. Seems to be opposite your problem. I have a grey interior so I could live with grey. Maybe we can switch except we're on opposite corners of the continent. I'll take photos of mine tomorrow.

Here you go.
SEM Warm Gray is dead on for the ivory.

View attachment 2808207
EW62,
Thanks for sharing. Question - in that pic are you using Warm Grey to convert an ivory-colored handle to grey? Or a grey handle to ivory? I’m a little confused. I’m trying to go from grey to ivory.

Interesting, I ordered new handles and they came ivory, and the plugs came as grey. Seems to be opposite your problem. I have a grey interior so I could live with grey. Maybe we can switch except we're on opposite corners of the continent. I'll take photos of mine tomorrow.
MarkBC,
My 62 is white with a grey interior, but my headliner and all grab handles (with the excepting of the passenger dash) are ivory. I know I’m being picky, but I think the grey handles would “stick out” when compared to the original ivory handles.

Looking forward to pics.

EW62,
Thanks for sharing. Question - in that pic are you using Warm Grey to convert an ivory-colored handle to grey? Or a grey handle to ivory? I’m a little confused. I’m trying to go from grey to ivory.

MarkBC,
My 62 is white with a grey interior, but my headliner and all grab handles (with the excepting of the passenger dash) are ivory. I know I’m being picky, but I think the grey handles would “stick out” when compared to the original ivory handles.

Looking forward to pics.
Mine is white with gray interior.
I had previously resprayed them but they were too dark of a gray for my liking.
Went with warm gray and it looks good

61D4A699-AE2A-4D11-AE85-C070101CC53D.jpeg

Here's my old and new ones. The ivory seems about the same as original, given 40 years of fading. I dont need ivory to match, I ripped out the headliner, not sure what I'll put back in.
20211010_152606.jpg

Here's my old and new ones. The ivory seems about the same as original, given 40 years of fading. I dont need ivory to match, I ripped out the headliner, not sure what I'll put back in.View attachment 2809025
Probably way too late for you but the matching ivory covers for your new handle is part 74617-14010-01.

Here is list for all 5 handles/covers/screws in case anyone else needs:

2022-09-29_17-57-21.jpg

Probably way too late for you but the matching ivory covers for your new handle is part 74617-14010-01.

Here is list for all 5 handles/covers/screws in case anyone else needs:
Not at all too late, I was gonna put in an order to Mr. T soon

Not at all too late, I was gonna put in an order to Mr. T soon
I now also have 4 light grey handles with medium grey screw covers (think same ones you have) from my first attempt to do this swap. Guess they go into the parts bin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom