Got these for the 470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I ordered the Relations Race RR5H in Gunmetal. Using Falkens as tires. Unfortunately the shop that mounted the Tires gouged the crap out of the wheels. Is this normal for Aluminum? It is fortunately all on the backside of the wheels .

20230113_092426.jpg

20230113_092240.jpg

I would have the tire shop buy you new wheels since that is clearly their fault. I used to work in a tire shop for many years and it’s something that happens and it’s an expensive mistake

Also, the wheels look awesome! 👍🏻

I would have the tire shop buy you new wheels since that is clearly their fault. I used to work in a tire shop for many years and it’s something that happens and it’s an expensive mistake

I ordered the Relations Race RR5H in Gunmetal. Using Falkens as tires. Unfortunately the shop that mounted the Tires gouged the crap out of the wheels. Is this normal for Aluminum? It is fortunately all on the ba

ckside of the wheels .

Talked to the shop. They offered to have them repaired. I counter offered to have them do my alignment and install 333 Fabrications cam eliminator.

20230115_161400.jpg

Unless its a show truck those are going to get way worse done than that offroad...that said I would also be upset if that happened to me since I wasn't the person who broke them in

Gotta find a tire shop that has a tire machine with composite clamps. My local TireDiscounters is the go-to shop for The Toy Barn, a high-end dealership that sells Lamborghinis and whatnot. As such, they have such a machine and have been gentle with all the powder coated wheels I've done over the years. That said, the damage is on the inside of the wheels so it really wouldn't bother me one bit.

Gotta find a tire shop that has a tire machine with composite clamps. My local TireDiscounters is the go-to shop for The Toy Barn, a high-end dealership that sells Lamborghinis and whatnot. As such, they have such a machine and have been gentle with all the powder coated wheels I've done over the years. That said, the damage is on the inside of the wheels so it really wouldn't bother me one bit.

They had a tire machine that had the plastic rim clamps. Just a inexperienced operator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom