Got screwed on a Cruiser deal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I hope to god that no one from the Cruiser Hoosier family snipped this cruiser from me. I had set everything up and was on my way to get this cruiser when I get a text that it sold. I had been speaking with the owner all day and he told me it was mine if I came got it tonight. I sent him a text telling him I am on my way. This is after I took off early from work, went to the bank, borrowed a trailer and more then half way there. The owner says "that was not you that picked it up?" I said "NO I AM STILL AN HOUR AWAY!" The owner asked the guy "are you the guy from down south" and the guy said "yep" and gave the money and took off with the cruiser. Even though the owner knew my name and didn't ask the person.

I just had to let you all know my frustration. I'm sure you can imagine! I just hope that none of you are that shady guy... that wasted mine and my wife's time, money, and annual leave to snipe a cruiser. If you ever see this cruiser tell the guy thanks for being an ASS an lying about who he was. I just hope Cruiser Heads are better than this!!

00o0o_c9T7JWx5n68_600x450.jpg

I probably shouldn't post up about my new blue and black cruiser i picked up......

Thanks for making me laugh, Lightining the blow a little. I am surprised 54 views and only two of you commented. Just hope it makes people think about there actions, but some people just don't care about what they do to other people. I think my wife was more pissed than I or was just more verbal about it.

Hi, It's happened to everyone over time. A guy out west told me for years he would sell me an 1982 frame, let me spend thousands on parts ,then I sent the shipper out twice. And he would not sell or return our calls. You move on, pray for them and hope you find a better deal some where else. Mud has many great people , keep looking you'll find the right deal. Mike

Hi, It's happened to everyone over time. A guy out west told me for years he would sell me an 1982 frame, let me spend thousands on parts ,then I sent the shipper out twice. And he would not sell or return our calls. You move on, pray for them and hope you find a better deal some where else. Mud has many great people , keep looking you'll find the right deal. Mike

Ok, now that really sucks. Sorry to hear about that deal. I know, many of the people on mud are some of the best people you will find. Will drop what they are doing and help you out in a pinch. I once had a fellow mud member help me out big. I was days away from home. When my wife called me and told me the u-joints were going out on here daily driver FJ80. I could not do anything about it other than call a mud member. He dropped what he was doing. Went over to my house and spent the day changing out the u-joints in the very hot summer sun. My wife tried to give him money for doing it and he did not want to take it. You can't ask for better people than that.

where was it located?

I think you got the worst of that deal. Hope it was cheap.

11k thats a good deal right?

To the op, that really blows you got screwed man, probibly better in the long run.

It had Thornbirds.

Havn't seen or heard of it down here in my neck of the woods. Looks like it my have saved you a bunch of work though.

It was only $650. I was just needing some of the better parts on it. It was located in Sheridan just north of Indy. I figured for that price I couldn't go wrong. The hard top looked great from the pictures the guy sent. He said it ran and I could drive it on to a trailer no problem. O well, I guess for the better. I just went back to fixing the head gasket on my 77 fj40. It started right up last night and that made me feel a lot better.

seriously, unless the other buyer KNEW you were on your way to pick up the cruiser and scooped it out from under you then it comes down to either "s*** happens" and move on
or
the seller decided to sell to the first person to show with the cash. his option (not nice considering that you contacted him and informed him of your progress), his choice.

life isn't fair

when i was flipping vehicles, if someone had been chatting with me about a cruiser and i got contacted by another, i would inform the first person. sadly some thought this was the old "pressure sale tactic" to motivate a buyer.

I think that one I got from you was in better shape.

That was newer and had been zebarted, yea the plugs were in the doors, so of course it was in fine shape. Still finding rust flakes in the gravel where it sat in the driveway. But the front end makes a great back drop for a bar. I need to get up there and see that in person sometime.

But the front end makes a great back drop for a bar. I need to get up there and see that in person sometime.

Just dont drink out of the hooters glass....

seriously, unless the other buyer KNEW you were on your way to pick up the cruiser and scooped it out from under you then it comes down to either "s*** happens" and move on
or
the seller decided to sell to the first person to show with the cash. his option (not nice considering that you contacted him and informed him of your progress), his choice.

life isn't fair

when i was flipping vehicles, if someone had been chatting with me about a cruiser and i got contacted by another, i would inform the first person. sadly some thought this was the old "pressure sale tactic" to motivate a buyer.

Well I am leaning more toward the second and he knew who it was. If he would have told me first come first serve I probably would not have gone, because of the distance. I am like you and tell people up front if others are coming to look at something. I just tell them they are in line if the guy in front of them does not want it, I will contact them and let them know it is still up for grabs. Like they say " Treat other how you would like to be treated" That's all you can do. Live and Learn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom