Got my 80 stuck today (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This was just comical. It is the second time I have gotten the 80 really stuck right on the side of a road. Never on a trail (knock on wood).

First time I was in Georgia and pulled onto the side of the road to text. Pulled forward through what I thought was 6" of mud. Truck sunk right in to the sliders. I think there was a broken underground pipe or something. That time I winches out on a roadside tree. So I dont know if it counts as stuck.
This time was even more stupid. Driving a popular Forrest road with 1" of snow on it. Pulled to the right and stopped to look at the map. When i went forward i ever so slightly slid the front wheel into the ditch at 1mph. I didnt really take It seriously so I just motored forward. It just got worst from there. Both passenger side wheels now in the drainage ditch in 2 feet of snow. Locked all up, rocked back and forth, just sunk the rear in up to the tail lights.

A truck came along and tried to pull me out and could not get any traction. We only tried a few min of this. I had him back up and just winched myself out off of him. There was not really a good winch point around other than his truck. So it would have been tricky to get myself out without him. I probably could have found something. I always do. It was comical and very embarrassing. But if laughing at me makes your day better, enjoy!

I don't know how I get a triple locked 80 stuck twice right on the side of the road. I think part of it is these simple times you don't really put any thought into what I am doing. When on a trail I really analyze every aspect of the trail condition.

snow and ice will gobble up lots of trucks. snow dont care! ive pulled 4 cars out of the ditch this year already.

Had shot a couple elk in taylors fork area and was headed home. stopped at big sky to watch the elk across the river. had the spotting scope set up drooling at a couple of the bulls when the 55 just slid sideways down into the ditch . shoveled enough to start throwing iron on when another 55 stopped by and winched me out. memories lol. Merry Christmas all.
ps, 2 bulls will fit in the back of a 55

Had shot a couple elk in taylors fork area and was headed home. stopped at big sky to watch the elk across the river. had the spotting scope set up drooling at a couple of the bulls when the 55 just slid sideways down into the ditch . shoveled enough to start throwing iron on when another 55 stopped by and winched me out. memories lol. Merry Christmas all.
ps, 2 bulls will fit in the back of a 55

What I really want to know is Taylor's Fork a good elk area?

It is but quit hunting it when i started taking the kids out. Had 3 really close encounters with grizzlies and didn't want to take a chance with kids. Just shoot cows out in eastern mt nowadays

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom