Got my 40 back together (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.gacruisers.com
I finally got my truck put back together after I put my Sm465 in. I also added to the cage and put new seats and harnesses in. The hardest part of this whole project was drilling and tapping that stupid output shaft. Once we got it drilled the tap just won't bite so we had to heat it up with a torch to soften it a bit.

Here's what it looked like put together on the bench. I used Woody's adapter plate which work out ok we had to do a little grinding on one place on it because it touched the bearing where the output shaft comes out.
image034.jpg

image038.jpg

I also made a transfer case saver and twin stick for it. After seeing Patrick's broken in half transfer case I thought it might be a good idea to make one.
image042.jpg

I also cut the splines off a broken birfield I had and a twisted ball and claw axle we had laying around to make the shifter knobs. (Sorry I don't have any pics of the linkage I made it after the transmission was already in the truck)
image044.jpg

Here's what the cage looks like now with door bars and seats tied into the cage.
image046.jpg

image048.jpg

It's nice not to have to carry that heavy thing around.
image050.jpg

And here it is all put back together ready to get back out on the trail and not ride with my dad anymore.
image052.jpg

Nice, thanks for sharing.

Josh, looks good man. I have finally gotten off my butt and started building my 40

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom