Got a new 80! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.lowcountrylandcruisers.com
I just picked up that FZJ80 from Mt. Pleasant. Everything works except for the lockers:mad: all they would do is blink blink blink. The seats are kinda cracked and the drivers is torn but nothing a seat cover won't fix... Hopefully it will be good for me. Now I just have to sell the Cherokee... Any takers. Come on everybody needs a land cruiser and a jeep. Right Dbenke!! Thanks for helping me look at it David. I appreciate the help!

sometimes the elocker takes a while to engage....mine will blink for a while so I have learned to start moving slowly...to get it to engage. It is not a quick ON and OFF lockup like with ARB but wont engage I dont think if sitting still...you have to be moving.

Glen can correct me if wrong....but my FJ never engages locker while sitting but once I start moving it goes solid.

Search the 80's section on stuck lockers....I think ones that havn't been used much stick.. Seems like a big gravel lot and a bunch of figure 8's frees them up. (not trying to be smart ass....you know they only lock in low?)

I tried it in 4 lo only and tried the figure 8s and drove around the yard and it would only blink... I'll have to check the posts on the forum and see what I can figure out...

sometimes if they have sat a long time it might take a while to work....Glenn has a good bit of experience with 80s...maybe there is an actuator or something that is stuck. LexTech should be able to give you something to check.

new pic

Here's a pic. It's not too good but you get the idea. It needs to be detailed. I think a good buffing and wax job will do it a lot of good. Plus its got "jiggly mirrors." Now I've got something for a HAMOM...:p
DSCN1515.jpg

Were you able to determine the operation of the lockers? If not I would like to host a HAMON in June if you can wait till then. The month of May is already full for me. One of my wifes best friends was diagnosed with basically terminal metestatick breast cancer(spelling i'm sure is incorrect) which has moved to her lungs and kidneys and is currently undergoing agressive chemo. Were trying to raise fund for her as she has no health insurance and have multiple fund raisers going in this month.

By the way when were in URE later this month my wife will have already have shaved hair in support of her dear friend Robin Marlow in show of support for her fight for life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom