Good source for a high lift? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

splitshot

Head cook, Bottle washer, and Peace keeper.
Threads
Anyone locally?

What sould I expect to pay for one?

Thanks, John

Any of the 4x4 parts houses should have them in stock. Their around $45 to $75 depending on which one you get.

Last edited:
I got mine at Desert Rat. They seemed to have the best price in Tucson.....believe it or not.

Talk to Kieth at 4x4 Supply in Phoenix off washington. Lowest price for all different types of high lifts. Tell him Big Matt with FJ Cruiser sentcha and he will probably charge you double. Just kidding he is a great guy that always makes it happen.
Matt
I got mine at Desert Rat. They seemed to have the best price in Tucson.....believe it or not.

The high-lift jack has been mentioned several times on the Cruiser boards. If you feel the need to have one, more power to you! They do not cost a lot.
I bought one for my Montero and went to some work to mount it. Then it sat there for ten years without being used. I sold the high-lift with the truck. It is still there and still has not been used. The new owner wheels the thing nearly as hard as I used to. I know well as I wheel with him a lot of weekends. The jack still looks good. It still has not been used.
The main reason is that in every situation where the jack might have helped, it would also have caused considerable body damage.
The Hi-Lift jack looks good and gives the impression that you are serious, but it has limited practical use. It is designed as a farm jack, IE to lift up stuck tractors. An 80 is a tractor with AC, but it does have bodywork to protect. In practical use, a farm jack is very rough on bodywork, unless you have steel cladding over most of the body of your rig. That is why I never used mine. I got that Montero into some really tough spots, but there was always a way out without using the jack that would cause body damage.
I won't be looking to get one for my 80. But that is just me and my experience.

(HIJACK)

Brian - is that Montero still up here? I saw one about 2-3 weeks ago at Autozone, I think it was silver.....big roof rack, I think 35s...almost as tall as my LX here in town.

I have used my hilift many times in the 40. Never has there been an inkling of potential body damage. That said, I have also seen exactly what Brian is talking about when a friend of mine was lifting his S-10 blazer for some investigation of his brake system. The problem was his lack of good jacking points fore and aft on his rig.

In the absence of a proper winch a hilift can be used for extraction purposes. My personal belief is that it's an invaluable tool that I don't leave home without. I own 4 myself. I have also used it around the house for pulling fence posts and tree stumps. In conjunction with a blade attachment I've seen them used as a log splitter too. On more than one ocassion I have used the handle as a sleave for a bent draglink or tie rod. As a matter of fact I currently run a Hilift drag link on my 40. It's a hi tech piece of equipment. The biggest valid argument about a hilift in my mind is whether to run a 48" or 60" version. Many will argue that the height or "flex" of their rig require use of a 60" but I feel that often a strap will allow use of a 48" unit to do most lifting jobs on most rigs.

Just my 2 centavos on the matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom