Good Shop for Head Work (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bama4door

Supporting Vendor
Threads
So I'm in the middle of doing a desmog on my 3FE. I'm trying to take the air injectors out and thought taking the valve cover off would make them easier to get to. Well let's just say what was underneath doesn't really make me want to leave it the way I found it. There's nasty old oil/sludge everywhere and I'd like to go ahead and take the head off and get it cleaned up somewhere and get the valves, seals and guides checked out.

So the question is does anyone know of a good shop around LR or not too far from Conway? What is an average price I can expect to say to have it cleaned up and maybe get new seals, guides and check the valves?

Or should I leave it how it is...if it isn't broke don't fix it??

Forgot the pics...

Last edited:
Most 3fe's look that way....it is a dirty girl. Button up and roll on. While in there adjust valves it makes a big difference

Yea that's not a bad idea. I just hate to put everything back together so I can warm it up to adjust the valves and then have to pull everything back off. Is it bad to adjust like it is now sitting cold?

Valves should be adjusted when the engine is warm. You can run it with the valve cover off and not get an oil bath. And you can actually run a set of feeler gauges across the valves while it is running to check and see which, if any, valves need to be adjusted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom