Good repair shops in SF Bay area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have recommendations for good repair shops in SF Bay area for 80 series Land Cruisers, especially ones who can do a PPI? Thanks.

The obvious choices are Georg at Valley Hybrids in Stockton and Gary at Mudrack's Custom Cruisers in Sonoma. There is also a shop on the peninsula, San Carlos or somewhere around there, that I'm drawing a blank on right now but I'm sure someone here will jump in with the name.

Regards,

The obvious choices are Georg at Valley Hybrids in Stockton and Gary at Mudrack's Custom Cruisers in Sonoma. There is also a shop on the peninsula, San Carlos or somewhere around there, that I'm drawing a blank on right now but I'm sure someone here will jump in with the name.

Regards,

Thanks. Ideally I am looking for a shop between San Jose to SF. Sonoma or Stockton is too far from our home in Mountain View.

A+ Japanese Auto Repair Inc. In San Carlos, CA is good, you pay more being located in the bay. They can do any service well though.

If you want lockers, gears, oil pump seals, bigger mods, etc; Get AAA, they will tow your truck 100 miles to Georg at Valley Hybrids at only the cost of membership. Then you only drive to pick it up.

A+ Japanese Auto Repair Inc. In San Carlos, CA is good, you pay more being located in the bay. They can do any service well though.

If you want lockers, gears, oil pump seals, bigger mods, etc; Get AAA, they will tow your truck 100 miles to Georg at Valley Hybrids at only the cost of membership. Then you only drive to pick it up.

Thanks for the recommendation for Valley Hybrids. I have AAA and hope to find a shop closer to the Peninsula. It is good to know about A+ Japanese Auto Repair for general service and repair

A+ japanese are owned by brothers eric and adam who both own 80s.

In some cases they tell customers to learn to fix stuff themselves.

Good to know!

I would like to do my own mechanical work, but I don’t have a lot of extra time between work and family activities. The basic nature and reliability of the 80 series appeals to me. I want to take my wife and six-year-old son overlanding around CA and the West. I suppose knowing how to fix various parts of the LC would come in handy if it does ever breakdown far from AAA.

I do like how the 80 series is still a basic vehicle compared to the 100 or 200 series which use more complex systems.

Good to know!

I would like to do my own mechanical work, but I don’t have a lot of extra time between work and family activities. The basic nature and reliability of the 80 series appeals to me. I want to take my wife and six-year-old son overlanding around CA and the West. I suppose knowing how to fix various parts of the LC would come in handy if it does ever breakdown far from AAA.

I do like how the 80 series is still a basic vehicle compared to the 100 or 200 series which use more complex systems.
What sorts of overlanding do you intend to really do? You may be better off with a 100

What sorts of overlanding do you intend to really do? You may be better off with a 100

Start off with dirt or forest (BLM) roads with the family for camping. I want to work towards a trip to Baja to camp by the beach.

I can imagine doing more challenging trails with friends Hollister Hills State Vehicular Recreation Area, etc. Probably not rock crawling though.

Start off with dirt or forest (BLM) roads with the family for camping. I want to work towards a trip to Baja to camp by the beach.

I can imagine doing more challenging trails with friends Hollister Hills State Vehicular Recreation Area, etc. Probably not rock crawling though.
Get a 100 series then

I read some of the 100 series FAQ here. Are there any good threads about the pros and cons of the early models vs the later model 100s? Thanks.
Somewhere on slees site im sure. I would get one with the 5 speed auto and vvti which i think means newer than 04 or 05

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom