Good dealer in Madison, IN (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Fellow Cruiserheads,

Just returned from a trip to the Toyota dealer in Madison, IN. Needed a gas cap for my '84 FJ60. Figured I'd have to order, wait a few days and pay full retail. Turns out the parts guy had owned a brown FJ60 himself. I mentioned I had had another 60 plus a couple 40's and a 45 pickup. Chatted a little more then walked over to the Toyota parts counter (one of those one guy owns all the dealers in town places so one guy covers both counters on Saturday) to see if he had a cap that would work. Looks at my old cap and says "I think I have one of those...". Heads in, finds one and brings it out for a test fit. Perfect fit...then he says "That one is extra stock, you can have it. Just come back and buy parts another time". :cool: :cool: :cool:

FAR cry from my experiences with Cincinnati area dealerships...

So if you need Toyota parts in the southeastern corner of Indiana I recommend Craig Toyota. Forget driving to Cincinnati...

:cheers:
Nick

Toyota of Cincinnati on Colerain Ave cut me a break on a motor mount three weeks back. Only after receiving the wrong part and costing me an extra trip from Harrison though... :frown:

Good to know about the dealer in Madison. I go there quite often to visit in-laws.

Phaedrus06 said:
Toyota of Cincinnati on Colerain Ave cut me a break on a motor mount three weeks back. Only after receiving the wrong part and costing me an extra trip from Harrison though... :frown:
Opposite experience I had with them. Needed front axle seals (the one's behind the birfield). Used to buy them from a dealer in Boston for about $6 tops and they had them on the shelf. Paid over $10 each at Toyota of Cincinnati and they had to order them. Good thing I was working over that way so it wasn't too far outa the way. Picked them up and drove down to the local Bearing Distributors on Reading near the Cross County Highway and bought them for $4 each to keep in stock for the next time I need'em.

Phishtaco has shared some of his less than satisfactory experiences as well. Worth the trip to Madison at this point. Have not yet asked about a discount. Figured I'd see how he does on some of the other stuff I need down the road.

Nick

zebrabeefj40 said:
Opposite experience I had with them. Needed front axle seals (the one's behind the birfield). Used to buy them from a dealer in Boston for about $6 tops and they had them on the shelf. Paid over $10 each at Toyota of Cincinnati and they had to order them. Good thing I was working over that way so it wasn't too far outa the way. Picked them up and drove down to the local Bearing Distributors on Reading near the Cross County Highway and bought them for $4 each to keep in stock for the next time I need'em.

Phishtaco has shared some of his less than satisfactory experiences as well. Worth the trip to Madison at this point. Have not yet asked about a discount. Figured I'd see how he does on some of the other stuff I need down the road.

Nick
I will say I called Performance Toyota in Fairfield first, and they wouldn't even order the part (hard to confuse a driver's side motor mount) without me coming in first. I figure they just wanted to get some extra money from me.

But not to clog the Hoosier forum with Cincinnati's problems. Cheers for the good info on Madison's dealership! If I'm in the area needing parts again I'll give em a shout. :beer:

Travis

I wouldn't buy anything from any of the dealers here in cincy.

I will vouch for them also, I live here in madison and I can call the parts department up and they will order everything I ask for and I will have it in two or three days. At one time I was able get it in one day, but I guess UPS changed the way they ship things and It takes longer for the dealer to get their parts by mail. I have ordered everything from nuckle parts to seals inside A/C compressors with very little problems. The parts guy Ron has gone as far to call companies in Cal. to look into seals for me. Well talk to you guys later have to get back to work.

Lumberjack. Were you at the Badlands last Sat? If so, I should have made your acquaintance. The mother-in-law lives in Madison and I get down there quite often. If that was your 80 there Sat., nice truck!!!

No that was not me at Badlands. I am currently in Montana fighting wildand fires and once again missed the trail ride. If you are ever coming to madson shoot me an email and maybe we can get together. siulumberjack@hotmail.com

Thanks Dave

I have a cure for parts people that don't know automotive vehicle parts. EPC for Win98.

I just tell them the part number I want and as long as they type the right part number in, I get what I want.
Only had one problem and that was with a motor mount. Other than that, I state it, I get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom