Good deal on a Taco? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dianna

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm looking into buying a Tacoma since my brake lines rotted out and my timing chain broke on my 94 :frown:

I found an '01 Tacoma 4X4 SR5 Xtra cab with a V6 for $10,999. Here are the specs according to the seller:

Looks, Sounds, and Runs Great. THOUSANDS in aftermarket upgrades/parts. Must Sell ASAP Recently Serviced. Pro Comp 4" Lift, Custom Made Leaf Springs, Bilstein HD Coilovers, Adjustable Airbags in Rear, Brand NEW Toyo Tires, Alloy Aftermarket Wheels w/ Locking Lugs, Brand NEW Gibson Exhaust System, Brand NEW CV Boots, Leer Truck Cap w/ Custom Ladder Rack or Ski/Bike Rack, Properly Maintained and Serviced. Great Reliable truck that drives great and was driven daily. Mostly Highway miles, Parked Now waiting for new owner, Call NOW!

It has 126,000 miles. What do you think?

Looks, Sounds, and Runs Great. THOUSANDS in aftermarket upgrades/parts. Must Sell ASAP Recently Serviced. Pro Comp 4" Lift, Custom Made Leaf Springs, Bilstein HD Coilovers, Adjustable Airbags in Rear, Brand NEW Toyo Tires, Alloy Aftermarket Wheels w/ Locking Lugs, Brand NEW Gibson Exhaust System, Brand NEW CV Boots, Leer Truck Cap w/ Custom Ladder Rack or Ski/Bike Rack, Properly Maintained and Serviced. Great Reliable truck that drives great and was driven daily. Mostly Highway miles, Parked Now waiting for new owner, Call NOW!

It has 126,000 miles. What do you think?

Just a few thoughts:

1. Custom Made Leaf Springs? By who?

2. Bilstein HD Coilovers? or Bilstein HD shocks? Since it has the pro comp lift.

3. Get rid of the locking lug nuts (IMHO)

4. Was the timing belt replaced, as well as the water pump & others? (90K service)

5. A few sans TRD had the rr diff lock, so hopefully this one is one of them.

6. Test drive will tell a lot, how do the brakes feel, transmission, 4wd work, etc.

Let us know how it turns out.

Sounds pretty good. I agree with flatland - make sure the timing belt service has been done. IIRC - its a 90k mile service item on the 3.4 V6.

Otherwise, assuming none of those aftermarket parts are worn out, I think it sounds pretty good.

If all that the guy says is true, it sure could be. The mileage is a bit high for what I'd be looking for. Do you want a modded truck? And if you do, does this one fit what you are looking for?

I think its a fine price, if its what you are looking for. If its been well taken care of, and hasn't been trashed of course. I'm often times leery of trucks with 'thousands in upgrades' because often times those upgrades seem to just be replacements of broken/worn parts from misuse and poor maintenance.

But that's just me :grinpimp:. If it fits you needs and looks like its well maintained, it could be a steal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom