Gonna miss him (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
347.JPG
IMG_0115.JPG
kates old pics 005.JPG
Salad rolls 011.JPG
He was a good guy, one of the best dogs I ever had..he was such a loving animal...

He had been sick for about a month, thought he tore his knee up....turned out to be a painful bone cancer which spread over the next 30 days... I was with him the whole way and fed him meds and tried keeping him comfortable.. I think he had more steak, salmon and chicken than most any other dog in the last month..

Lucky boy, he deserved it..

My son picked him out of a litter at the SPCA and had to of been the most mellow and friendly of dogs, this was ten and half years ago..all our animals are SPCA critters..

We had a vet come to our house, it was the best thing we ever did for any of our animals..so humane and piece full.

Sorry to hear that rob. Never easy even when it's expected. Went through that 2 years ago myself.

That sucks man.

It's good the vets are doing housecalls for this now. The chemainus vet did it for my parents last year.

My dogs get freaked out at the vets, bad smells and bad vibes. I don't want that to be their last experience.

Sorry to hear Robbie. Hang in there bud.

072.JPG
039.JPG
068.JPG
Thanks guys for the kind words, nothing but the best of memories that old guy left us with...Last shot of Buddy on his last day doing the big lean into my leg.

Wombat......... sorry to hear, we have also two cats and they are as much family as the dogs are...

Last edited:
Sorry Rob, I had some good times this past year with you and Big Boy! Gunna be missed...

By the way this was my every day walk with my dogs and one cat who thinks he is a dog...;)

Sorry to read of your loss Rob. Never easy, even when for the best.

I had to put down my pal "Pat the Cat" that was with me for 14 years, last year. He he was a dog as well sometimes. When I was on Clearbrook Rd the shop was about 500' from the house and it was normal behavior to follow me to the shop when doing projects, or anywhere else on the property. He would hear my LC coming, get up from where ever he was in the house and meet me at the door when I came home.

Special memories and ones that will be with you forever.

gb

Sorry to hear Bud, but for god sakes get some tan on those legs, nearly blinded me!

Thanks Jay......now get back to work on that cruiser, got some camping wheeling to do this summer.

Sorry to read of your loss Rob. Never easy, even when for the best.

I had to put down my pal "Pat the Cat" that was with me for 14 years, last year. He he was a dog as well sometimes. When I was on Clearbrook Rd the shop was about 500' from the house and it was normal behavior to follow me to the shop when doing projects, or anywhere else on the property. He would hear my LC coming, get up from where ever he was in the house and meet me at the door when I came home.

Special memories and ones that will be with you forever.

gb

Awesome story about your cat Greg...sad that his time was up..

Smokey the grey cat in the picture would follow me and the dogs down the street to the local park. My daughter caught him howling at the door one day and she let him out and he bolted down the road to catch up with me and the dogs...

Here is to all our great pet friends and the good memories :beer:

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom