Gladiator GearTrack vs. GearWall? Which One?? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
I got an email from Gladiator advertising 20% off on a lot of their inventory, so I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on one of their systems to better organize all my lawn care and miscellaneous items in my garage. I'm in the process of custom building two 8ft long 5-shelf storage racks similar to the Husky systems from Home Depot, but I'm wanting to utilize my wall space as best I can so I'm pretty well sold on the Gladiator systems. My only questions is for those who have experience with one or the other, or both, which system do you have and why do you like it? After doing some calculations I've come up with these (sale price) numbers:

GearWall (50lbs/sqft):

(2) 12" x 96" panels = 16sqft @ $95.99 = $6/sqft
(2) 12" x 48" panels = 8sqft @ $51.99 = $6.5/sqft

GearTrack (75lbs/linear ft):

(2) 6" x 48" panels = 4sqft @ $23.99 = $6/sqft

Given those two options, I would obviously need the hooks and stuff to be able to hang items on the wall

Accessory Starter Kit (4 hooks + basket): $55.99
Accessory Starter Kit Deluxe (18 hooks + basket + 6 bins): $119.99

Then of course they have their turn-key kits, but I've only been able to find the track versions:

GearTrack Pack (incl. 2 GearTrack panels + 8 hooks): $64.99
LawnCare GearTrack Pack (incl, 2 GearTrack panels + 4 large hooks): $69.99

Please let me know your opinions!

you decide?

i've been admiring the GearWall for a few years now but haven't pulled the trigger. I'd much rather cover the entire wall than just a track at a fixed height. Right now I have 2x10's screwed to the wall holding shovels, spreaders, etc and it seems they all want to occupy the same space. where if i could raise or lower the heights slighly, i could fit wayyy more things

plus my mostly unfinished drywall is absolutely beat, and this would cover over those warts

you decide?

i've been admiring the GearWall for a few years now but haven't pulled the trigger. I'd much rather cover the entire wall than just a track at a fixed height. Right now I have 2x10's screwed to the wall holding shovels, spreaders, etc and it seems they all want to occupy the same space. where if i could raise or lower the heights slighly, i could fit wayyy more things

plus my mostly unfinished drywall is absolutely beat, and this would cover over those warts
Yes sorry I should’ve updated this thread! I went with GearWall and so far I love it! I also picked up their “Accessory Starter Kit - Deluxe” to get a wide assortment of hooks and hangers. The ability to put items at different heights and ’stack’ them, as opposed to everything being at the same elevation was what won me over. I used my laser level to put all the screws perfectly vertical and in the stud (and to satisfy my OCD).

The first set of panels actually showed up slightly damaged on the corners. Nothing terrible and it definitely didn’t limit its functionality, but noticeable and annoying considering how much you pay for these. I spoke with their customer service agent through their online chat portal and they sent me a whole new set free of charge no questions asked (didn’t even want the pics I took), and they also didn’t ask for the original set back. So I ended up with 4 perfectly good panels! I’ll be putting the other two on the opposite wall in my garage when I get time. They sell color matched screws but they’re expensive considering the quantity you need. So I purchased some grey deck screws from Walmart and they match pretty well. Just be warned they show up "naked" in their cardboard box. No Styrofoam, no bubble wrap, nothing. Just two raw panels in a cardboard box. Formerly being in the shipping industry this really annoyed me hah!

7A70D225-5071-477A-9EF0-0460DE6BB1BE.jpeg

DC93ADCD-0AA1-4586-A772-B61A28E45C6D.jpeg

18EC71D9-7D48-4615-832E-9E5353FF8C51.jpeg

FWIW this is how they arrived on my doorstep. The second I saw the corner blown out I immediately started taking pictures

F23D84C4-D12D-4848-950A-D9D62461F7C9.jpeg

C3920D55-525C-4E38-8BAB-19E930818E75.jpeg

5CDD7647-F279-492C-B595-879CF49FA7EA.jpeg

CC0ABA9D-3356-47FD-B8ED-B870F13AE882.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom