SOLD Gig Harbor, WA - 1981 FJ40 - New 3/4 Tub (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently purchased a new 3/4 tub intending to use it in my build. Once it arrived I determined I didn't want to use it. The vendor was very nice, and apologetic about it and has taken care of me. They are focusing heavily on improving quality. I wish them well. However, I now have this 3/4 tub that I need to pass on to someone else.

There are some issues that others may be ok with, so I'll list them here.

It was slightly damaged during shipping. Looks like a forklift caught on the crate support frame and pushed a metal support bar into the side. Seems easily pushed back out, not a big deal.
IMG_4155.jpg

3 small spots of surface rust that could be sanded off.
IMG_4109.jpg

I think this is mostly manufacturing debris of some sort. It wires right off.
IMG_4105.jpg

The passenger wheel well ranges from 8" (front) to 7.5" (rear) above the bed. The driver wheel well is more square. You may be able to drill out the spot welds and straighten?
IMG_4146.jpg

The distances between the floor/well/bed side differ from my stock '81 but total dimensions seem correct.
Doesn't include the two wheel well supports, one of which the rollbar would bolt into.
Doesn't include the spare tire carrier mount points.
Mounting holes do not match up with hard top j-panels.
Missing a few other holes/properly placed holes.

Some general "squareness" issues:
Lean1.jpg

Note, though, that the body mount holes matched up and my j-panels seemed to fit.

$1,500. Want to have this picked up vs being shipped. I could deliver within a reasonable distance. While I do have the original frame it was shipped within, it's cumbersome and would add to your cost if I had to remount it and do any sort of packaging.

Last edited:
I'm open to offers on this. Seems like it'd be a great tub for someone with the skill to take parts out and/or repurpose. I'm willing to talk about helping someone get it shipped, especially if it's something like U-ship or someone willing to pick it up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom