Get your Amatuer Radio License (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.source3.com
Start studying for the October test in Durango. Posted on Calendar | Durango Amateur Radio Club

It has been reported that a good study guide is http://www.kb6nu.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/2014-no-nonsense-tech-study-guide-v20.pdf. There are also a lot of online testing exams. Just search.

The IH8MUD and Rising Sun communication forums:

Durango HAM Testing

There will be a Technician class and exam session October 2016 (Date TBA) at Christ The King Lutheran Church. You may take the test without taking the class.

The class will begin at 8 AM sharp. There will be a break for lunch (bring your own lunch) and conclude about 3 PM.

There will be a $5 fee for the class.

The license exam session will follow immediately and will be for all license classes. The estimated time of the test is about 3:30 pm.

The fee for the exam is $15.

Contact Ray Smith, KGOV, at durangoarc@hotmail.com or 970-247-5139 for information.

Last edited:

package came but no radio in it, I guess someone wanted it more, Amazon refunded the money and I will order a another one

Just waiting on the 'when'.

That radio that I ordered from Amazon is now down to $40.99 SALE

I did mine last year without any real preparation. Just the class and the test right after. Pretty boring class, but I passed first shot and there was some good information that I've already forgotten!

do we just show up or do we need to sign up for the test.

Testing date has been changed to 10/22

I am out of town that day, the only weekend I was around, was the old day. My the one in Farmington in Jan

a friend in ABQ programed my radio to some of the NMJG freqs, and i found out there are a few frees that do not require a license
still planning on going in Jan or doing an on line test

DO NOT GET THIS UNIT, the car charger makes the base get so hot that you can touch it. Took about 3 mins for it to become very hot to the touch. So no matter how good the deal is, its not good enough.

A question: I've always figured that CB's were more ubiquitous amongst off roaders so that was the hot ticket. How many ham radios are on the trail?

Passed

KE0NBD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom