SOLD Georgia: 1988 FJ62 Toyota Landcruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Color
White
Hey, folks. I bought this 1988 FJ62 Toyota Landcruiser a few months ago as a weekend/fishing truck. Fell in love with it and decided to get a newer one and make it my daily driver. Need to thus sell this one.
The good:
-Starts right up and runs well.
-99% rust free, Southeast/Georgia car since new.
-Excellent interior (with two exceptions noted below).
-Just about everything still works (auto windows, mirrors and antenna).
-Good ownership and service history (Carfax from when I bought it attached).
-Completely original.
-New battery.

The bad:
-Needs a radiator. This can wait if you’ll be using it for shorter trips/etc., but if you’re going to daily this or want to take it on long trips, this needs to be done now. (Per mechanic.)
-Two interior issues: driver’s seat bottom vinyl is cut up; dash needs to be replaced or covered/it’s in awful shape.
-Two minor rust spots: one is a hole right at back windshield wiper and another at back left corner where there’s a slight dent. (Rear bumper is bent in that same spot; I have a replacement bumper (with hitch), and that’s included in sale.)
-No urgency, but per mechanic, needs tie rods/bushings and shocks.
-Transmission is okay, but slips a bit going into reverse.
-Radio doesn’t work, but haven’t investigated.
-Paint is okay on most of the car, but the paint on the hood is in bad shape.

I love driving cars, but other than changing the oil and filter and changing a tire, I don’t trust myself to wrench. So I may not be able to answer detailed mechanical questions, but happy to take any additional pics desired, send a video of anything or help you coordinate an inspection. (The list of stuff my mechanic recommended is attached.)

I’m putting this on here for a couple weeks at what I think is a fair price to see if I can sell it to someone who might appreciate it before dealing with the hassle that is AutoTrader or etc. if it doesn’t sell here. I’m not interested in trades or etc. Thanks.

$13,900 OBO

Took a bunch of pictures (exterior, interior, engine, underneath, issue spots, Carfax and mechanic report), but looks like it only lets me add a few. Will attempt to update this to add more if it lets me tonight or tomorrow. Or I can email you more if it doesn’t.

7FFCCDB8-1D13-45DD-AF24-35FD49FE26F1.jpeg

315C0A04-F88A-4363-99CB-B5BF610D4912.jpeg

811599CF-7A47-4E8D-B69A-A5D520F54A58.jpeg

Nice Cruiser! I would recommend putting up some engine, underside, and interior pics for possible buyers. GLWS!

Hey, folks. I bought this 1988 FJ62 Toyota Landcruiser a few months ago as a weekend/fishing truck. Fell in love with it and decided to get a newer one and make it my daily driver. Need to thus sell this one.
The good:
-Starts right up and runs well.
-99% rust free, Southeast/Georgia car since new.
-Excellent interior (with two exceptions noted below).
-Just about everything still works (auto windows, mirrors and antenna).
-Good ownership and service history (Carfax from when I bought it attached).
-Completely original.
-New battery.

The bad:
-Needs a radiator. This can wait if you’ll be using it for shorter trips/etc., but if you’re going to daily this or want to take it on long trips, this needs to be done now. (Per mechanic.)
-Two interior issues: driver’s seat bottom vinyl is cut up; dash needs to be replaced or covered/it’s in awful shape.
-Two minor rust spots: one is a hole right at back windshield wiper and another at back left corner where there’s a slight dent. (Rear bumper is bent in that same spot; I have a replacement bumper (with hitch), and that’s included in sale.)
-No urgency, but per mechanic, needs tie rods/bushings and shocks.
-Transmission is okay, but slips a bit going into reverse.
-Radio doesn’t work, but haven’t investigated.
-Paint is okay on most of the car, but the paint on the hood is in bad shape.

I love driving cars, but other than changing the oil and filter and changing a tire, I don’t trust myself to wrench. So I may not be able to answer detailed mechanical questions, but happy to take any additional pics desired, send a video of anything or help you coordinate an inspection. (The list of stuff my mechanic recommended is attached.)

I’m putting this on here for a couple weeks at what I think is a fair price to see if I can sell it to someone who might appreciate it before dealing with the hassle that is AutoTrader or etc. if it doesn’t sell here. I’m not interested in trades or etc. Thanks.

$13,900 OBO

Took a bunch of pictures (exterior, interior, engine, underneath, issue spots, Carfax and mechanic report), but looks like it only lets me add a few. Will attempt to update this to add more if it lets me tonight or tomorrow. Or I can email you more if it doesn’t.

View attachment 3014818

View attachment 3014819

View attachment 3014820
Beautiful cruiser! I’m over in Athens and this is exactly what I’m looking for!

Drop me a line- I don’t think I am able to message you since I am new to the forum.

Would be super interested in making a deal

Beautiful cruiser! I’m over in Athens and this is exactly what I’m looking for!

Drop me a line- I don’t think I am able to message you since I am new to the forum.

Would be super interested in making a deal
Cool. Will attempt to IM you here in a second. Appreciate your interest — and Go Dawgs!!

Been a week, hasn’t sold, thus dropping the price by $500 to $13,400.

Also: transmission, happily, just needed some fluid. Goes right into reverse without issue now.

—Someone here buy this so I don’t have to deal with AutoTrader!! Thanks.

Still hoping I might sell this here with less hassle before turning to AutoTrader or etc. Hence, another price drop of $500. New price is $12,900 if anyone is interested. Thanks.

Reducing this again. Now down to $12,500. This is Southeast/Georgia car it’s whole life. 99% rust free, all original, runs well and very good interior. Not perfect and price reflects that. But could be driven as is or could be taken to the next level easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom