Geologist moving to Olympia area, looking for work (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello fellow Cruiserheads-

My wife was offered a position with the state and would be located in Olympia. I am a geologist and would like to find work out there. Anyone know if there are any enviro/civil/geotech/government or similar firms out there that are looking for a geologist? Tacoma area would be great too. I'm a structural geologist with experience in oil and gas, so I don't expect to find a comparable seniority or salary, just a place to get my foot in the door. And feed my Land Cruiser habit!

Any help is welcome.

Thanks for your time-

Eric

@stumpy Did you guys end up moving to the area? I'm working in Olympia now and keeping my eyes open for cruisers.

Hey-

Yep, we arrived last week. Landed out by Pattison Lake.

You won't see my Cruiser rolling around for some time to come. It's still in pieces and waiting for me to get back on it. I've moved the old girl 4 times now...

Where are you? It'd be great to hook up with some Cruiserheads!

Great!

We bought in Lakewood but my office is down near the port/farmers market in Olympia. We'll need to do a south sound get together!

Ah, excellent!

I am headed back to Houston to do the clean up run on the move and hope to be back in 10-14 days. Shoot me a PM with your contact info and I will buzz you when I return!

@stumpy Now that you are back in the area and hopefully settling in did you find a position? If not, you should keep you eyes open to the vast amount of government jobs through the military installations here. Ft. Lewis is the largest post in the U.S. and never seems to have a shortage of job openings. As for specifically in your area of expertise...that might have to flex somewhat but I do know they have a Corp of Engineers office and they would definitely have something on the Geo side of the house. Another one to look at would be the Department of Public Works as they have the civilian contractors that do the survey and project supervision for construction and remediation.

As for a meet and greet, to date they have been somewhat problematic in that everyone seems to want to do one but can never nail down a good date and time. I am still getting mine together (hopefully have front and rear bumpers in the next month or so) and would like to at minimum meet potential other people for the upcoming season. I am mainly focused in the mild wheeling and hiking and camping aspects. Oh and I am out of Gig Habor so not that far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom