Garbage Find (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The farmer down the road had thrown out this. Pro Point/Devilbiss 5Hp 20 Gal Air Compressor.
image.jpeg

The plug had gotten wet/corroded and one of the prongs had melted. Changed the plug, and to my surprise it worked. After cleaning the contacts, and removing/repairing some cracked wires, it works like a champ. Just need to purchase a new inlet filter, and a new quick connect, and it will be good for years of service. Haven't decided to keep it or sell it as I have a large 60Gal unit.

LOL. He's a real farmer, and like most farmers, including my father-in-law, are hoarders, and poor maintainers of their equipment.

The farmer down the road had thrown out this. Pro Point/Devilbiss 5Hp 20 Gal Air Compressor.
View attachment 1476992
The plug had gotten wet/corroded and one of the prongs had melted. Changed the plug, and to my surprise it worked. After cleaning the contacts, and removing/repairing some cracked wires, it works like a champ. Just need to purchase a new inlet filter, and a new quick connect, and it will be good for years of service. Haven't decided to keep it or sell it as I have a large 60Gal unit.

It never hurts to have a small portable back up compressor to use. I have one that I use with my Honda generator for construction in rural areas and places without air or power. I use it to run all my air tools. It has come in handy so many times. I don't use it much but when I do it is a lifesaver.

It was basically free after a small investment. So if you have the room I would definitely keep it for emergencies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom