Garage mess, but progress. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Cleaning this disaster of a garage so i can keep going forward on getting the body off. Move the boat to make room for removing the last door, drivers door, then roll the cherry picker in. Call my sons to help get the good off.

IMG_20220828_080744996.jpg

IMG_20220828_080731084.jpg

IMG_20220828_080811935.jpg

Yea a clean garage is the key to successful projects, i once spent hours cleaning my garage. Every place had a thing, and every thing had a place. My family later took opportunity of the space to move in various things with little to no consideration of the fact that I was doing a engine swap in there. They refuse to clean it now, I cannot find the courage to clean it again. I am no longer organized and my motivation had been shattered due to the mess. Whenever I do wrench I often do things improperly because I can not find the ideal tool from my vast selection, more often than not it ends in me being extremely angry and kicking and throwing things around. They ask me why I’m not working on my Cruiser, and seem to NOT understand why I’m frustrated with the garage.

KEEP A CLEAN SHOP!!

KEEP A CLEAN SHOP!!

KEEP A CLEAN SHOP!!

KEEP A CLEAN SHOP!!

KEEP A CLEAN SHOP!!

KEEP A CLEAN SHOP!!

7DBD397E-31E0-4EFA-8902-03F0E1D2ACFC.jpeg

Last edited:
Cleaning this disaster of a garage so i can keep going forward on getting the body off. Move the boat to make room for removing the last door, drivers door, then roll the cherry picker in. Call my sons to help get the good off.

View attachment 3099458

View attachment 3099459

View attachment 3099460

Holy smokes!!...makes me manic looking at that garage, how are you working in that?!? LOL.

Instead of working on my 62 that I desperately want to finish....I spent most of this weekend rearranging the shop side of my garage moving heavy tool boxes, work tables, shelves 3 different times trying to get the right set up, pain in the a$$ ! It still ain't perfect (w limited space) but man I know exactly where everything is and the floor is clear of the clutter. It will be super clean when I'm done....and there will be Zen. ☮️🕊️

Thats a big project, are you doing a complete frame off resto?

Holy smokes!!...makes me manic looking at that garage, how are you working in that?!? LOL.

Instead of working on my 62 that I desperately want to finish....I spent most of this weekend rearranging the shop side of my garage moving heavy tool boxes, work tables, shelves 3 different times trying to get the right set up, pain in the a$$ ! It still ain't perfect (w limited space) but man I know exactly where everything is and the floor is clear of the clutter. It will be super clean when I'm done....and there will be Zen. ☮️🕊️

Thats a big project, are you doing a complete frame off resto?
Yes, frame off. And no i can't work in this. Pulling parts off and seeing them on the floor. Labeling all parts and bolts as i go. But now it's time to rearrange and build some shelves to hold parts until i put them back on. I think I'll put the seats in the basement. Doors on the back porch. You can see the vortec on the engine stand partially torn down.

I did a 'good' cleaning/organizing of my garage last winter.
I tried something I had read about on GrassRoots Motorsports - 15 minutes a day. That's it. I did 30, though.
Half hour, go make some progress, little by little.
I did before and after pics.
Sadly, as you work and do things like get married, stuff gets back in there and I'll need to spend more time out there, but it's not where it was, nowhere near as bad as it had gotten to.

Good luck. My suggestion - bins and storage racks! Duct tape and a sharpie for making labels is good too.

Nice improvement. I'm currently on the hunt for shelves. I'm also going to move some things to the back patio for the winter. I'll post a picture once it's done. I really need a clean well lit area to finish treating down the vortec and rebuilding it.
Home Depot is where I prefer.
The wire mesh shelving units are great, not too expensive.
I also have some plastic shelving to hold storage bins - measure and know what youre wanting to put on them and they can be a great budget option.

Im getting a table saw on Wednesday, have some ideas and will be moving the ryobi power tools and utilizing some space that's empty in that pic above

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom