G2 Tundra - early vs late CrewMax seat interchange - trying to leather my fabric interior (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LINUS

Waiting for the Great Pumpkin
Threads
So - Just trying to go leather on a thin wallet.

-The dog rides plenty in his harness/backseat, and boxer hair “weaves” into the fabric.
-Yes - I wrap towels - but a boxer dances like a mo-fo, and mine know’s “SIT” - when we’re moving.

Options:

-L-seats / leather recover

-Buy used seats from a CrewMax truck, including the RR seat (hoping later seats both FR & RR bolt up, anybody?????)

-Buy used FR leather, add a neoprene seat cover over my existing 60/40 split seat (sorta the cheapest way).

———————————

I’m not really leaning to the L-seats / recover option - the panels aren’t as nice shaped as say buying stock seats from a Platinum trim truck.

———————————

Anybody updated a early G2 Tundra using seats from a 2014+ ???

Experience?

Boltup fit fine?
Electrical sockets fit for the power seat / airbag curtain trigger?

i don't like the neoprene seat covers. had them in a land cruiser and they got damaged and stained easily. dogs claws ripped them in one section. i stick to the canvas type seat covers. i used durafit in mine and love them. they don;t look like they fit as tightly as good seat covers, but they don't slide around much and they were fairly cheap. about $200 for my double cab. had a nasty spill in the back seat when i picked up mexican for the work chrismas party (beef grease mix overflowed from the container) and it took a lot of scrubbing to get it out, but you can't tell.

My daughter just bought a Tundra. Nothing to do with this except that was the reason I was at the dealer. Toyota dealer. This was last April.

Next to the truck she bought was an SR 5 with leather interior, a 2017. I asked the sales guy about the leather and he said that they converted that truck to leather at the owners request. The cost with seat heaters was $1200.

^^^ Good to know that leather price.

A local yard has a full BLK leather ‘13 interior in easily ~85-90% cond, but it’s $1550 w/ tax.

That seemed excessive, now I’m sure.
Thx!

I am sure the dealer kept the brand new SR5 interior for their use someday. The $1200 seemed a little too reasonable to me. But it looked factory, front and rear seats.

Seems like it would have been easier to grab a Ltd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom