Wanted FZJ80 Speedo Cluster - 1997 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ecliff5

SILVER Star
Threads
Looking for a used speedo cluster to swap into my 97 FZJ80.

My speedo died along with odometer, needle will bounce around here and there but mostly sits at 0. Check engine light came on P0500, cleared it and comes back. O/D works as it should even if speedo is dead, cruise control does not work when speedo is dead, works as it should when speedo comes back to life. Took out the VSS from transfer case, cleaned and reassembled. Speedo worked for 5 minutes and died again.

Just installed a brand new 1FZ and would love to keep track of the miles. Anyone got a speedo cluster? Miles do not matter as long as it works.

Thanks!

I got a speedo

Working when pulled, I’m out of town will get picks Saturday

PM sent

I have a speedo but I'm guessing it won't fix your problem. My guess is you have a problem with your speed sensor or the wiring harness from the transmission to the main harness.

I have a speedo but I'm guessing it won't fix your problem. My guess is you have a problem with your speed sensor or the wiring harness from the transmission to the main harness.
I actually got my speedo working after cleaning the two sensors on the side of the tranny. I think one may have been slightly loose. Got a brand new engine wire harness with the new engine so just put my hands on every connection and made sure everything was clicked in. Fingers crossed it stays working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom